Tips[edit | edit source]
- Playing As Tequila
- Since Tequila gains attack in battle for each HP he loses, he tends to fare better on defense than offense.
- As Tequila passive is reliant on losing health to gain additional ATK in battle, cards that aid HP such as and are excellent cards to pack. can also be used as well.
- Using or (at full HP) combos quite well with Tequila's passive. Big Magnum provides him with a +3 ATK stat due to him losing HP in battle, while Final Battle enables his passive to chain, resulting in Tequila becoming stronger with each turn.
- works in perfect synergy with Tequila and is essential. By intentionally evading a hit that he can survive, he will gain a large ATK boost, enabling him to possibly KO the attacker and recover all damage taken in the battle.
- Tequila can get some of the most use out of as it counters his poor REC stat.
- can be used to help soften up would be attackers and make them think twice about attacking the player.
- can be used effectively with Tequila. It can be used for defense against high attack characters while at low health, and great on offense against bosses.
- Playing Against Tequila
- The easiest way to avoid Tequila taking advantage of his passive is to not attack him at all.
- Sherry can be used to avoid Tequila's passive nearly entirely with her passive. In the same vein, Kai's hyper can be used to safely attack him without fear of counterattacking.
- Low attack characters with high EVD stats such as and can whittle down Tequila's health while generally avoiding his counterattacks.
- Cards that deal damage outside of battle, such as , , , and are extra effective against Tequila, as they hinder his ability to counterattack.
- can be used to shut down his hyper, as well as deal damage to him outside of battle and remove his counterattacking potential.
Recommended Cards[edit | edit source]
Counter Cards[edit | edit source]