|Price||1200 / 840|
Suguri (スグリ Suguri) is one of the four starting characters in 100% Orange Juice!, that the player can select without paying any Stars. She originates from the game SUGURI in which she was the title character.
Like in the game she originates from, Suguri is a speed based character constructed around a powerful evasion and slightly buffed attack stat. Suguri boasts one of the highest stat totals in the game, with her positive stat total adding up to 3, unlike most of the character roster. She also features the highest evasion stats in the game matched only byand , but also has an added offensive edge, which the others do not. With these stats, Suguri is able to fight repeatedly against weaker opponents, often times dealing damage and escaping without even a scratch. In particular, Suguri can easily dominate defensive characters like with endless bullying, as she will more than likely be able to evade their counter-attack. She also will usually not have much difficulty defeating panels as her attack will generally either be enough to defeat the opponent or her defense and evasion will still be able to protect her from both high and low rolls. Later on in the game, her Hyper can also be used to deal a massive amount of damage if timed properly or combined with another card for maximum effect.
The player should still be cautious, however. Suguri's power output and evasion ability are only exceeded by her fragility, as her slightly below average health is further exacerbated by her -1 defense. As a result of her stat spread, Suguri is one of the most luck-based characters in the game and requires the player to understand their defense and evasion odds better than other characters. If for instance, the opponent rolls a 5, Suguri will have a 50% chance of being KO'd if she evades because the player will need to roll at least a 4 for her buffed evasion to protect her. If she defends instead, she will have a 33% chance of being KO'd, as the player must roll at least a 3 to survive. As a result, the player should try to cover her inherent weakness to high rolls with appropriate cards such as boss characters as they tend to roll 5 and over for most attacks., and debate whether an attack is worth the risk. It is also generally best practice for Suguri to finish off an injured opponent than begin an assault on them from full health, to compensate for the risk. As to be expected, Suguri is especially vulnerable to
Generally, Suguri should try to aim for the star norma and play passively unless the opportunity to attack presents itself or is better than the alternative. If the player is having particularly good RNG, wins norma may be possible, but should not be considered the main method of victory. Early on in the game, evading and starting on the offensive is more advisable as the player will not fall back much from being KO'd and has the possibility to gain a lead over other opponents. In the late game of norma 4 and beyond, Suguri can use her Hyper to defeat other players who have collected a large amount of stars to put herself back in the lead or further her lead.
- +Great stats
- +Good duelist
- +Hyper is great for assassinating a particular opponent
- -Reliant on evade success
- -Hyper is expensive and high level
- -"All or nothing" playstyle
|Illustrator List||Mizuki Seo|
|"I'm accelerating." ―Suguri|
Suguri's Hyper is Accelerator. Accelerator enables the unit that played the card to roll 2 dice for all actions during 1 chapter.
Hyper Strategy[edit source]
Accelerator is one of the most powerful hyper cards in the game. The addition of a second dice for all rolls enables Suguri to catch opponents, overcome most character defenses, and escape unharmed with evasion. The Hyper can also act as a major deterrent against opponents, as any other character that attacks Suguri during the chapter that the card is activated will have to contend with Suguri's two dice when fighting her. A player can maximize the use of Accelerator by attacking multiple opponents in one turn, where the effect is active in all her fights. The Hyper is also excellent for use against Bosses should Suguri encounter one.
The hyper can also be augmented further with cards and board effects. It is best to use Accelerator during field events such asAccelerator does have some key downsides, however. While the two dice mean great potential for a high attack rolls, it is not guaranteed like . Like , if the player is particularly unlucky, they may roll snake eyes for attack or movement and fail to reach or defeat the opponent. As a result of this weakness, the Hyper is directly countered by Sham's Hyper as it will result in Accelerator's double dice becoming useless. or because Suguri will roll four movement dice instead of two. Cards such as and also work especially well with the card, as Suguri will have a great ATK advantage against her opponent for a longer period of time. Like many hypers, Accelerator can also benefit from to reduce the high price of activating the card.
- Playing As Suguri
- Cards such as and can make a nice combo with Suguri's Hyper, as she will be able to make the most out of her doubled attack dice, and have a very high chance of KOing the opponent. However the high star cost of these cards in combination with her hyper makes the combo quite risky.
- Using at the start of the turn, then using during the battle will make the player roll four dice when they attack, almost guaranteeing the opponent's death.
- Speed based cards such as and can be very effective in helping Suguri catch up to an opponent in advance of her Hyper, or to help her escape an attacking opponent.
- pairs very nicely with Suguri's evasion stats as, while the card will lower her already low defense, it provides her with a total evasion stat of +4.
- can be used when playing aggressively to temporarily act as a bully character, giving Suguri a total ATK stat of +2. However, it does lower her defense, and is best used when there is little fear of retaliation.
- can be used to offset 's expensive star cost.
- and can increase the player's chances of picking up Suguri's powerful Hyper.
- Playing Against Suguri
- If Suguri is playing defensively, can be deadly against her. While the card will booster her DEF stat slightly, it will prevent her from being able to rely on her powerful EVD.
- As Suguri's Hyper, , is mainly about timing, cards such as can render the Hyper's power void by cancelling her ability to attack while also dealing damage.
Recommended Cards[edit source]
Counter Cards[edit source]
When the player begins a new game and selects their starting main character, they will receive the cards necessary to create a deck. If a players chooses Suguri as their starting character, they will begin the game with the provided 15 cards along with Suguri's Unit Card and Hyper Card. In concurrence with Suguri's stats, Suguri's starting deck is constructed around speedy movement, evasion, and combat modifiers.
- Suguri debuted in Suguri, as the main protagonist and playable character.
- Suguri appears in the artwork for and is quoted in the descriptions of , , , , , , , , and .
- She also appears in the artwork for , , and , and is quoted in the description of .
- Suguri's Hyper is based off of the Accelerator, the final weapon in Suguri, which can be unlocked by defeating Hime on the hardest difficulty in Boss Battle mode. 
Update History[edit source]