Star Breaker (スターブレイカー Sutābureikā), also known as Reika by the community, is one of the playable characters in 100% Orange Juice!. She was added to the game in DLC 7 alongside . Star Breaker originates from the game Sora in which she was the main antagonist.
Can only choose Wins Norma. (Chosen automatically when the player lands on a panel)
As her name and passive imply, Star Breaker is designed to steamroll opponents through brute force with a heavily buffed attack stat. While similar toand , Star Breaker features a very high attack stat with no defense or recovery drawbacks and decent health stat for a bully character. As a result, of her passive, Star Breaker plays slightly different than other bullies. As stars are completely useless to Star Breaker since she can't use them to norma, the player can have a complete disregard for the amount of stars they have and spend them in any way they choose. The player should spend the entire game assaulting other players at every chance they have and focus fully on panels when they are unable to reach an opponent. This makes the field event particularly helpful to Star Breaker as well. Cards like and can help bring in much needed KOs as the game progress, and provide Star Breaker potentially weaker opponents to pick off. It may also be in the best interest of the player to bring cards like to prevent opponents from reaching their next norma. She also benefits from a powerful Hyper that can reduce an opponent's health to 1, however, the card is inconsistent and may yield little reward to the player depending on the opponent and the player's luck.
While possessing a rather infamous reputation for being "OP" by newer players, Star Breaker has multiple weaknesses stemming from her passive, which substantially lower her odds of winning a match. Her powerful passive forces the player to always choose wins norma (her first norma is also 1 KO, not 10 stars) which is a large hindrance to her overall gameplay. Star Breaker faces a race against the norma clock since wins do not generate themselves like stars. If the player has not KO'd at least 8 opponents by norma 4, the game will likely be over for Star Breaker, as bosses and opponent's Hypers will cripple the player's wins progress. Likewise, if the player is unfortunate enough to be against , both his passive and generally carried cards like and will make it almost impossible for the player to find easy KOs or have any chance at winning. Star Breaker will also face an uphill battle on certain fields. Small boards like Vortex and Warefare give her less walk time to attack other characters and multiple panels to feed her wins, however, large boards like White Winter give opponents lots of space to get away from Star Breaker. In the end, Star Breaker's success is highly dependent on how well she rolls and how poorly the opponent rolls. If the player cannot roll well and KO other opponents in a timely fashion, they are more or less doomed to lose the match.
By default, Star Breaker should aim for the wins norma and play aggressively at every turn whenever the opportunity presents itself. If the player is having particularly good RNG and rolls a string of 5-6s, Star Breaker can quickly crush opponents with her +2 attack in the early game. The player's main goal should be to get wins and slow the star collecting progress of other opponents if possible. The more wins the player can amass before norma 4, the higher the player's odds of winning in the late game will be. Her Hyper may also aid the player in the late game as well if RNG is permitting.
- +One of the best ATK stats in game
- +Passive enables the use of expensive/powerful cards
- +Less stat drawbacks than most bullies
- +Hyper can create chaos among other players
- -Passive restricts star norma, often making it more difficult to win
- -Constant combat quickly depletes HP if rolls are unfavorable
- -Heavily reliant on high dice rolls to stay in the game
- -Unreliable Hyper
Star Breaker's hyper is Star Blasting Fuse. When the Hyper is used, it causes 3 to 5 Invisible Bomb to be placed randomly on the field. Landing on an Invisible Bomb will reduce the player's health to 1. The player who activated the card cannot be affected by the trap cards and is the only player who can see the locations of the bombs.
Star Blasting Fuse is a relatively inconsistent hyper similar to Norma, the Hyper is essentially free for use as long as she has enough stars, and there is little reason to hold onto the card for very long.'s Hyper and the field event, . When activated, the resulting Invisible Bomb become an unseen hazard to any player unfortunate enough to land on a panel with the trap on it. The main advantage of this Hyper is that it affords Star Breaker an excellent opportunity to KO an opponent while they're at their most vulnerable at 1 health. As a result, it can be extremely effective against high health and tank characters such as . While the Hyper itself is quite expensive for most characters at the price of 30 stars, the price is advantageous for Star Breaker as it will enable her to deplete her star count if she is near being KO'd. Also, since she cannot complete Star
Perhaps the best aspect to the Hyper, however, is the way it deals damage. Similar to a KO effect, the Hyper sets the opponent's health to 1, which means the effect will counter through the health increase ofThe blatant disadvantages to Star Blasting Fuse, however, is that the traps must be triggered by the opponent. Also, another player may be able to get the KO instead of Star Breaker, which may be problematic based on the current standings. The Hyper can also be dangerous for Star Breaker if she is playing against and still decrease the opponent's health, even if they are using . or as the trap will make them more likely to use their Hypers in response.
- Playing As Star Breaker
- Constant bullying may not be the best approach. 4-5 HP characters even with 0 defense can survive shots with ease and do damage back. With this in mind, ignoring players with more than 3 HP can be better. The player should focus on panels instead.
- Since Star Breaker can't use stars as a win condition, try to prioritize panels early. Once a player hits their fourth norma check, the panels show up, and it will substantially more difficult to get wins until the boss is defeated. Thus it may be a good idea to avoid getting to the 4th norma check until another player has.
- Cards that can reduce other players star totals, such as , and , help slow down star progression for other players since gaining stars isn't as important. can steal massive amounts of stars from a player that's marginally ahead of the others because of Star Breaker's base stats.
- , and allow Star Breaker to easily engage in battle, which she needs to do because she is so heavily reliant on wins. can create chaos and give some wins depending on the turn order.
- Along with the previous tip, , and increase movement to close the gap for more combat opportunities. and also allow creative alternatives to catch some players off-guard.
- and will keep HP topped off. Star Breaker has a recovery of 5, so staying healthy can prevent being KO'd and therefore reduce turns wasted on revival.
- Playing Against Star Breaker
- Summoning the boss with stops Star Breaker from getting easy wins from panels. can also use to accomplish the same goal.
- Surviving combat against Star Breaker is very important, because unlike panels, players give two wins upon defeat. Characters with high defensive stats and cards such as and will drastically reduce the chances of being KO'd. Warping with will sometimes create distance as well.
- Be wary that won't be able to one-shot Star Breaker if she has or activated. However, it will still end combat.
- Since Star Breaker's bombs count as traps once they're set, cannot only wipe the bombs off the board but also more or less guarantees a KO'd Star Breaker.
Recommended Cards[edit source]
Counter Cards[edit source]
|Champion of War||Play 10 games as Star Breaker.|
|Unbreakable||Win a game as Star Breaker without being KO'd by a player.|
|A Long Fuse||Deal over 50 damage in a single match with the bombs laid by Star Breaker's Hyper.|
|Proof of the Pudding||Complete Star Breaker's scenario on Normal difficulty or higher.|
- Star Breaker appears in the art for as Reika in . , , , and
- Star Breaker is the final boss in the game Sora, and is known as the blasting fuse to the world's end.
- Before being enlisted in the war and becoming Star Breaker, she was originally a young woman named Hoshino Reika. Reika's transformation into Star Breaker is one of the scenarios explored in 200% Mixed Juice!
- A drama CD, titled Love Love★Star Breaker, was released at Comiket 82. It features an alternate reality story, with Reika (Voice: Reina Toda) living out a normal day as a high school student, having never become Star Breaker.
- Star Breaker is 16 years old.
Update History[edit source]