Star Breaker (スターブレイカー Sutābureikā), is one of the playable characters in 100% Orange Juice!. She was added to the game in DLC 7 alongside . Star Breaker originates from the game Sora in which she was the final boss.
- Can only choose Wins Norma. (Chosen automatically when the player lands on a panel)
As her name and passive imply, Star Breaker is designed to steamroll opponents through brute force with a heavily buffed attack stat. While similar toand , Star Breaker features a very high attack stat with no defense or recovery drawbacks and decent health stat for a bully character. As a result, of her passive, Star Breaker plays slightly different than other bullies. As stars are completely useless to Star Breaker since she can't use them to norma, the player can have a complete disregard for the amount of stars they have and spend them in any way they choose. The player should spend the entire game assaulting other players at every chance they have and focus fully on panels when they are unable to reach an opponent. This makes the field event particularly helpful to Star Breaker as well. Cards like and can help bring in much needed KOs as the game progress, and provide Star Breaker potentially weaker opponents to pick off. It may also be in the best interest of the player to bring cards like to prevent opponents from reaching their next norma. She also benefits from a powerful Hyper that can reduce an opponent's health to 1, however, the card is inconsistent and may yield little reward to the player depending on the opponent and the player's luck.
While possessing a rather infamous reputation for being "OP" by newer players, Star Breaker has multiple weaknesses stemming from her passive, which substantially lower her odds of winning a match. Her powerful passive forces the player to always choose wins norma (her first norma is also 1 KO, not 10 stars) which is a large hindrance to her overall gameplay. Star Breaker faces a race against the norma clock since wins do not generate themselves like stars. If the player has not KO'd at least 8 opponents by norma 4, the game will likely be over for Star Breaker, as bosses and opponent's Hypers will cripple the player's wins progress. Likewise, if the player is unfortunate enough to be against , both his passive and generally carried cards like and will make it almost impossible for the player to find easy KOs or have any chance at winning. Star Breaker will also face an uphill battle on certain fields. Small boards like Vortex and Warfare give her less walk time to attack other characters and multiple panels to feed her wins, however, large boards like White Winter give opponents lots of space to get away from Star Breaker. In the end, Star Breaker's success is highly dependent on how well she rolls and how poorly the opponent rolls. If the player cannot roll well and KO other opponents in a timely fashion, they are more or less doomed to lose the match.
By default, Star Breaker should aim for the wins norma and play aggressively at every turn whenever the opportunity presents itself. If the player is having particularly good RNG and rolls a string of 5-6s, Star Breaker can quickly crush opponents with her +2 attack in the early game. The player's main goal should be to get wins and slow the star collecting progress of other opponents if possible. The more wins the player can amass before norma 4, the higher the player's odds of winning in the late game will be. Her Hyper may also aid the player in the late game as well if RNG is permitting.
Unlock Info[edit source]
- Automatically unlocked if DLC 7 is owned.
- +One of the best ATK stats in game
- +Passive enables the use of expensive/powerful cards
- +Less stat drawbacks than most bullies
- +Hyper can create chaos among other players
- -Passive restricts star norma, often making it more difficult to win
- -Constant combat quickly depletes HP if rolls are unfavorable
- -Heavily reliant on high dice rolls to stay in the game
- -Unreliable Hyper
Star Breaker's hyper is Star Blasting Fuse. When the Hyper is used, it causes 3 to 5 Invisible Bomb to be placed randomly on the field. Landing on an Invisible Bomb will reduce the player's health to 1. The player who activated the card cannot be affected by the trap cards and is the only player who can see the locations of the bombs.
Star Blasting Fuse is a relatively inconsistent hyper similar to Norma, the Hyper is essentially free for use as long as she has enough stars, and there is little reason to hold onto the card for very long.'s Hyper and the field event, . When activated, the resulting Invisible Bomb become an unseen hazard to any player unfortunate enough to land on a panel with the trap on it. The main advantage of this Hyper is that it affords Star Breaker an excellent opportunity to KO an opponent while they're at their most vulnerable at 1 health. As a result, it can be extremely effective against high health and tank characters such as . While the Hyper itself is quite expensive for most characters at the price of 30 stars, the price is advantageous for Star Breaker as it will enable her to deplete her star count if she is near being KO'd. Also, since she cannot complete Star
Perhaps the best aspect to the Hyper, however, is the way it deals damage. Similar to a KO effect, the Hyper sets the opponent's health to 1, which means the effect will counter through the health increase ofand still decrease the opponent's health, even if they are using .
The blatant disadvantages to Star Blasting Fuse, however, is that the traps must be triggered by the opponent. Also, another player may be able to get the KO instead of Star Breaker, which may be problematic based on the current standings. The Hyper can also be dangerous for Star Breaker if she is playing againstor as the trap will make them more likely to use their Hypers in response.
- Playing As Star Breaker
- Constant bullying may not be the best approach. 4-5 HP characters even with 0 defense can survive shots with ease and do damage back. With this in mind, ignoring players with more than 3 HP can be better. The player should focus on panels instead.
- Since Star Breaker can't use stars as a win condition, try to prioritize panels early. Once a player hits their fourth norma check, the panels show up, and it will substantially more difficult to get wins until the boss is defeated. Thus it may be a good idea to avoid getting to the 4th norma check until another player has.
- Cards that can reduce other players star totals, such as , , and , help slow down star progression for other players since gaining stars isn't as important. can steal massive amounts of stars from a player that's marginally ahead of the others because of Star Breaker's base stats.
- , , and allow Star Breaker to easily engage in battle, which she needs to do because she is so heavily reliant on wins. can create chaos and give some wins depending on the turn order.
- Along with the previous tip, , , and increase movement to close the gap for more combat opportunities. and also allow creative alternatives to catch some players off-guard.
- and will keep HP topped off. Star Breaker has a recovery of 5, so staying healthy can prevent being KO'd and therefore reduce turns wasted on revival.
- can allow Star Breaker to receive extra wins if she KO's the player who landed on the trap.
- can be invaluable for causing other players to land on your traps, which can add an extra element of strategy with traps, which are hidden to other players.
- can be used as a good way to burn stars, as well as reducing players to 1 HP, making them easier to KO.
- Playing Against Star Breaker
- Summoning the boss with stops Star Breaker from getting easy wins from panels. can also use to accomplish the same goal.
- Surviving combat against Star Breaker is very important, because unlike panels, players give two wins upon defeat. Characters with high defensive stats and cards such as and will drastically reduce the chances of being KO'd. Warping with will sometimes create distance as well.
- Be wary that won't be able to one-shot Star Breaker if she has or activated. However, it will still end combat.
- Since Star Breaker's bombs count as traps once they're set, will wipe the bombs off the board and can do massive damage to Star Breaker herself.
Recommended Cards[edit source]
Counter Cards[edit source]
|Champion of War||Play 10 games as Star Breaker.|
|Unbreakable||Win a game as Star Breaker without being KO'd by a player.|
|A Long Fuse||Deal over 50 damage in a single match with the bombs laid by Star Breaker's Hyper.|
|Proof of the Pudding||Complete Star Breaker's scenario on Normal difficulty or higher.|
|Using a Card||▶️||How about this?||どうかしら|
|▶️||I think I'll give it a shot.||ためしてみようかしら|
|▶️||It's like this, isn't it?||こんな感じね|
|▶️||Let's see what'll happen.||どうなるのかしら|
|Using Battle Card||▶️||Fufu... AHAHA!||ふふ… あはは！|
|▶️||I'll give you as much pain as I can.||なるべく痛くしてあげる|
|▶️||It's time to say goodbye.||さよならよ|
|Star Blasting Fuse||▶️||I am the blasting fuse to the world's end.||私は星の導火線|
|Reviving||▶️||I want to burn more.||まだ燃やし足りないもの|
|▶️||I can continue...||まだ続けられるわ…|
|▶️||If you want to stop me, you have to burn me into ashes.||私を止めたいのなら消し炭にしなきゃだめよ|
|Revive Failed||▶️||Fufu... I'm almost there.||ふふ…もう少し|
|▶️||This is not the time yet.||まだだめね|
|▶️||For god's sake!||ああ！ もう！|
|Healing||▶️||I'm not hurt anymore! Ahaha!||痛くなくなった！ あはは！|
|▶️||Fufu... It feels nice.||ふふ… いい気持ち|
|▶️||I'm ready to fight again.||これでまだ戦える|
|▶️||I feel better.||いい調子よ|
|▶️||Where are you taking me to?||どこへ連れていくつもり|
|▶️||Wherever I end up, I know what to do.||どこへでもどうぞ やることは変わらないもの|
|KO'd in Field||▶️||It hurts... It huuuurts!||痛い… 痛いぃいい！|
|▶️||This is not fair.||こんなのってないわ|
|▶️||Maybe I should just blow myself up and...||いっそのこと私ごと…|
|▶️||I've had enough.||やっていられないわ|
|Battle (Attacker)||▶️||Until you turn into ashes...||さぁ 炭になるまで…|
|▶️||Fufufu, you want me to blow you up?||ふふふ 爆発してみる？|
|▶️||It's fun time.||お楽しみの時間だわ|
|▶️||Do you like pain?||痛いのは好き？|
|Battle (Defender)||▶️||You came to me voluntarily asking to be burned?||自分から燃やされに？|
|▶️||Sure, I have time for you.||いいわぁ お相手してあげる|
|▶️||Amuse me, okay?||楽しませてちょうだいね|
|▶️||Fufufu... Some prey has appeared.||ふふふ… 獲物の方から|
|Heavy Damage||▶️||So annoying.||鬱陶しい|
|▶️||This is ridiculous.||こんなもので|
|Evading||▶️||That was a very close one.||危ない危ない|
|▶️||You can't get to me.||届かないわ|
|▶️||What, did you just do something?||何かした？|
|Winning in Battle||▶️||Aha, ahaha, AHAHAHA!||あは あはは あははは！|
|▶️||That was a beautiful flame!||綺麗に燃えた！|
|▶️||This is fun! So much fun!||楽しい！ 楽しいわ！|
|▶️||Ufufu, look how burned black you are.||うふふ 真っ黒|
|KO'd in Battle/Losing Game||▶️||No... This is not happening.||私が… こんな|
|▶️||I'm going to... burn out...||私が… 燃え尽きる…|
|Bonus Panel||▶️||Maybe I should burn these, too.||これも燃やしちゃおうかしら|
|▶️||Pretty... Maybe they'll look even prettier if burned.||綺麗… 燃えたらもっと綺麗かしら|
|▶️||Now I have stuff to burn.||沢山燃やせそう|
|▶️||Tiny, but stars are stars.||こんなちっぽけな星でも…|
|Drop Panel||▶️||Aha, they're gone.||あは 消えてしまったわ|
|▶️||Dang, I wanted to burn them.||もう 私が燃やしたかったのに|
|▶️||I didn't need those.||いらないわ|
|▶️||Fufufu, they're all shattered now.||ふふふ ばらばら|
|Stepping on Trap||▶️||Crafty.||小賢しい|
|▶️||This is stupid.||こんなもので|
|▶️||I hate it. Geez!||いやね もう！|
|▶️||Get out of my way!||邪魔！|
|Boss Panel||▶️||Ahaha! This is going to be fun.||あはは！ 楽しくなってきたわ|
|▶️||I'm sure you'll burn well.||勢いよく燃えそうね|
|▶️||This is fun! Ahaha! So much fun!||楽しい！ あはは！ 楽しい！|
|▶️||Here it is! A powerful one!||出た！ すごいの！|
|Wins Norma||▶️||I want to burn more!||もっと燃やしたいの！|
|▶️||I'll burn everything into ashes!||ぜーんぶ消し炭！|
|▶️||This is the meaning of my existence.||これが私の生きる意味だもの|
|Selecting Character||▶️||Fufufu, do you want to fight a war along with me?||ふふふ 私と戦争したい？|
|▶️||Let's enjoy ourselves until we burn out!||楽しみましょう！ 燃え尽きるまで|
|▶️||We'll fight until we turn this planet to ash!||星が炭になるまで戦いましょ！|
|▶️||You want me to burn you?||私に燃やされたい？|
|Starting Game||▶️||Fufufu, I can hardly wait.||ふふふ 楽しみ|
|▶️||Let's go and burn a lot!||沢山燃やしましょう！|
|▶️||This is going to be fun, I can tell!||楽しくなりそう！|
|Winning Game||▶️||Look at how clean and tidy it's around here.||みーんな綺麗さっぱり|
|▶️||And this ends it here.||これで終わり|
|▶️||Everything's burned out! All of it!||燃え尽きたわ 全部！|
|Item Drop/Crate Drop||▶️||Is that what you wanted?||欲しかったの？|
|▶️||Let me just burn tha-... I can't?||これも燃やして… だめなの？|
|▶️||You look rather happy...||嬉しそうな顔して…|
|Whack a Poppo/Track the Card||▶️||Good.||いいわぁ|
|Whack a Poppo||▶️||Sure.||いいわよ|
|Whack a Tomomo/Alte||▶️||No... This is not happening.||だーめ|
|Battle Prize/Supporter Revive||▶️||Let's move on.||次に行きましょ|
|Greeting (Home Screen/Joining Lobby)||▶️||Hello.||ハロー|
|Miss Prize/Track the Card||▶️||Mhm.||んん|
|▶️||I like that! I like it so much!||いい！ いいわぁ！|
|Hyper Treasure/Good Prize||▶️||That's the best.||最高ね|
|Miss Match/Bad Prize (Match 2)||▶️||Are you just acting stupid?||ふざけているのかしら|
|Using Other Hyper||▶️||Kaboom!||どーん！|
|▶️||Can this be of any help?||こんなものでも役に立つかしら？|
|▶️||Okay, I'll use this!||いいわぁ 使ってあげる！|
|Unique Interaction Lines|
|Vs. Sora (any) (attacking)||▶️||I must defeat you to stay myself.||あなたに勝てば 私は私でいられるの|
|Vs. Sora (any) (defending)||▶️||The ultimate weapon...||最終兵器…|
|Defeat Sora (any)||▶️||Fufufu... Ahaha! I did it! I defeated her!||ふふふ… あはは！ 勝った勝った！|
|KO'd by Sora (any)||▶️||I couldn't afford to lose to you...||あなたにだけは 負けちゃいけないのに…|
|Vs. Nath (attacking)||▶️||You look ugly. Let me eliminate you.||いびつな姿ね 消してあげる|
|Vs. Nath (defending)||▶️||Fufufu, I'll tear your body apart even more.||ふふふ その体 もっとバラバラにしてあげる|
|Defeat Nath||▶️||You tried hard, but it was of no use.||頑張ったけど 無駄だったわね|
|KO'd by Nath||▶️||I-I got defeated by a thing like that...||こ こんなものに負けるなんて…|
|Invisible Bomb is triggered||▶️||Kaboom! Ahaha.||どーん！ あはは|
|▶️||Fufu, what a pretty sight.||ふふ 綺麗ね|
|▶️||Oh, who launched that firework?||あら どこの花火かしら|
|▶️||Someone just got blown off to pieces.||粉々ね|
|▶️||I don't need this many of these.||こんなに沢山いらないのだけど|
|▶️||What if I really burn these stars?||本当に燃やしてしまおうかしら この星|
|▶️||These stars are nothing but a burden.||この星 邪魔ね|
|▶️||*sigh* What I want is war, not these stupid things.||はぁ こんなものより戦争をしたいわ|
|▶️||I got defeated in a war... That makes me unnecessary!||戦争に負ける私なんて… もういらなくなっちゃう！|
|▶️||I had to win... I must always win!||私は勝たなければいけないのに… なのに！|
|▶️||No way... Why do I even exist?||こんなのって… 私はなんのために|
|▶️||Defeat makes my life meaningless... Uuuuu...!||負ける私にはなんの意味もない… うぅううう…っ|
|Opening the game||▶️||Orange_Juice and Fruitbat Factory.||オレンジジュースアンドフルーツバットファクトリー|
|Title screen||▶️||100% Orange Juice!||100％おれんじじゅ～すっ！|
|Start of player 1 turn||▶️||Player 1.||プレイヤーワン|
|Start of player 2 turn||▶️||Player 2.||プレイヤーツー|
|Start of player 3 turn||▶️||Player 3.||プレイヤースリー|
|Start of player 4 turn||▶️||Player 4.||プレイヤーフォー|
|Starting a battle||▶️||Battle.||バトル|
|Winning a battle||▶️||Win.||ウィン|
|Triggering a bonus panel||▶️||Bonus.||ボーナス|
|Triggering a drop panel||▶️||Drop.||ドロップ|
|Triggering a draw panel||▶️||Card draw.||カードドロー|
|Triggering warp panel||▶️||Warp.||ワープ|
|Triggering a move panel||▶️||Move.||ムーブ|
|Triggering warp move panel||▶️||Warp move.||ワープムーブ|
|Triggering a trap||▶️||Trap triggered.||トラップ発動|
|Skipping a turn||▶️||Skip.||スキップ|
|Stopping on a panel affected by Immovable Object||▶️||Stop.||ストップ|
|Triggering a norma check without meeting the requirements||▶️||Norma check.||ノルマチェック|
|Reaching level 2||▶️||Norma level 1 achieved.||ノルマレベルワン達成|
|Reaching level 3||▶️||Norma level 2 achieved.||ノルマレベルツー達成|
|Reaching level 4||▶️||Norma level 3 achieved.||ノルマレベルスリー達成|
|Reaching level 5||▶️||Norma level 4 achieved.||ノルマレベルフォー達成|
|Winning the game||▶️||Final norma achieved!||最終ノルマ達成！|
|Attempting to connect to a lobby||▶️||Connecting.||コネクティング|
|Successfully connecting to a lobby||▶️||Connected.||コネクティド|
|Failing to connect to a lobby||▶️||Failed.||フェイルド|
|Attempting to connect to a full lobby||▶️||Lobby full.||ロビーフル|
|Another player joins the lobby||▶️||Player joined.||プレイヤージョインド|
|Another player leaves the lobby||▶️||Player left.||プレイヤーレフト|
- Star Breaker appears in the artwork for and is quoted in the descriptions of and . She also appears in the artwork for and .
- Star Breaker is the final boss in the game Sora, and is known as the blasting fuse to the world's end.
- Before being enlisted in the war and becoming Star Breaker, she was originally a young woman named Hoshino Reika. The dichotomy between Reika and Star Breaker is explored in 200% Mixed Juice!.
- A drama CD, titled Love Love★Star Breaker, was released at Comiket 82. It features an alternate reality story, with Star Breaker (as Reika) living out a normal day as a high school student.
- Star Breaker is voiced by Toda Reina in Sora and Love Love★Star Breaker.
- Star Breaker is 16 years old.
- The release of Star Breaker as a playable character in 100% Orange Juice! was teased in an April Fools announcement shortly before being added.
Update History[edit source]