Like her friend, Sora is built around slightly buffed stats in both attack and evasion, which provide her with both a decent amount of survivability and attack power. Unlike the former, however, Sora does not feature a trade-off in defensive capability and carries the benefit of having all positive stats. As a result, she can play either an aggressive or passive role depending on the situation. Sora herself makes a very capable fighter with little to no weakness other than her slightly below average health. With her stats, she is able to deal solid damage, defend against strong attacks, and evade both weaker and powerful attacks if the situation presents itself. Likewise, Sora generally does not have any difficulty defeating and surviving panels as her attack will either be enough to defeat the opponent or her defense and evasion will be able to protect her from both high and low rolls. In the late game, Sora also boasts one of the most powerful Hyper cards in the game, which can help her deal guaranteed massive damage to any opponent, or on the flip side, survive almost any attack.
Even with her powerful build, Sora is not invincible, however. Like all below average health stat characters, she can only survive a few combats before being defeated. If the player consistently rolls poorly, her slightly buffed stats will not save her from numerous combats, and while she can hold her own against a boss, it is still generally not advised without her Hyper. Sora's slightly buffed evasion stat may also cause the player to take unnecessary risks that may result in Sora being KO if the roll result is poor. Like , an additional point in evasion will often not protect the player, and without any kind of buff in defense, Sora will be at risk from high rolls.
Generally, Sora should aim for star norma but can easily switch back and forth between star and wins norma based on the player's performance during the game. With the right matchup and RNG, Sora can easily dominate wins. More often than not, however, Sora should generally be played with a mix of both passive and aggressive, taking opportunities to fight when they arise and avoiding combat when there is a better alternative. A panel will usually be a better choice than an panel, but Sora can easily handle an panel over a panel, if the player only has these options. In the late game, her Hyper can also be used to gain more wins or stars, whichever the player has chosen.
Unlock Info[edit source]
- The character can be purchased in the shop for 800 (560 with 30% off) after beating QP Episode 5, Suguri Episode 5, Marc Episode 5, or Kai Episode 5, and then playing 5 games.
- Automatically unlocked if DLC 16 is owned.
- Can be obtained randomly from a character crate for 100Oranges.
- +Good blend of offense and defense stats
- +Strong Hyper that enables guaranteed high rolls
- -Below average HP stat
- -Hyper is extremely expensive
- -Hyper can be situational or underwhelming
Sora's Hyper is Extraordinary Specs. Extraordinary Specs causes Sora to roll 6 for movement, battle, bonus and drop during 1 chapter.
Hyper Strategy[edit source]
Extraordinary Specs is a powerful Hyper that greatly boosts Sora's movement and combat abilities. For the duration of the chapter, up until the player's next movement roll, all dice rolls are guaranteed to be perfect sixes. As a result, this enables Sora to effectively catch opponents, overpower them, and defend against them with guaranteed roll strength.
The hyper itself opens up tons of strategies for the player and can easily be combined with other cards to guarantee an opponent's defeat. Cards such asThe main draw back of Extraordinary Specs is that the Hyper itself is costly and can only be used at higher levels. Also, even though the Hyper makes Sora throw max rolls, the Hyper does not guarantee the player will KO the opponent. This in turn can, lead to disappointing outcomes if the player does not use more cards, given the high cost of Extraordinary Specs. However as mentioned previously, using additional cards will further raise the already expensive price of using the Hyper. can give the player an edge in combat or using can force an opponent into a disadvantaged battle to the end. The player should keep in-mind, however, that these combos are extremely expensive ranging from 60-80 stars.
- Playing As Sora
- Playing Against Sora
Recommended Cards[edit source]
Counter Cards[edit source]
- Sora appears in the artwork for and is quoted in the descriptions of , , , , and . She also appears in the artwork for , , , and , and is quoted in the description of .
- Before appearing in Sora as the main protagonist and playable character, Sora actually debuted in Acceleration of SUGURI, as a playable fighter.
- Sora is named after the Japanese word for "sky" by her parents, referring to how beautiful it is. This is ironic considering the state of the sky at the beginning of Sora.
- Just like real war veterans, Sora also suffers from PTSD, and probably this was only worsened after Alte and Star Breaker events, as portrayed during the final scenes of her game, on the extra stage battle. This would also be primary explanation for Sora's plain dialogues, voice acting and even artwork being times filled with fear, anger-less or even emotionless.
- Sora is 16 years old.
- Sora is about 155cm tall.
Update History[edit source]