In battles, see a random card from the opponent's hand. On Self-Destruct, gain +1 Attack (up to +3).
Alte is an unusual character centered around a powerful Hyper and passive ability combo. Similar to Norma level 3 and landing on either or panels to secure a Hyper and stars to level up. Once the player has a Hyper, Alte's game more or less begins, as Alte's build is solely built around her Hyper. With each successful use of , Alte will gain a permanent boost to her ATK, that will make her more competent in battle. On the rare chance that the player manages to land 3 successful detonations, Alte's ATK will become the same as . The Hyper will also result in large star losses for the opponent, which helps to push Alte further ahead., Alte requires some setup to truly shine. When beginning a match, Alte starts with less than impressive stats, similar to but without the ATK boost. As a result, the player may be bullied very early on, so the player should focus on reaching
Alte's secondary passive is also very helpful. When the player is in combat, the player will be able to see one card in the opponent's hand (It appears above the combat window before the player decides their battle action). This can be extremely useful if the opponent only has one card, as the player will clearly be able to see whether the card is a battle card or not. If the opponent has multiple cards, the player might be lucky enough to see a powerful battle card such asor and respond with .
The main downsides to Alte, however, are her extreme Hyper reliance and rather frail stats. Without her Hyper, Alte can be picked on easily if the player consistently rolls poorly for evasion or defense. If the player is unable to successfully draw a Hyper, the risk of Alte being KO'd will increase the more the match progress, especially if it becomes obvious to the opponents that the player does not have the Hyper.
Unlock Info[edit source]
- Automatically unlocked if DLC 5 is owned.
- +Extremely powerful Hyper that deters opponents and can severely set them back
- +Two excellent passive abilities
- +Permanently gains ATK after each successful Hyper use
- -Hyper Reliance
- -Poor stat and Hyper synergy
- -Hyper is easy to waste if poorly timed
Alte's hyper is Self-Destruct. When the Hyper is used and Alte is KO'd the attacker will also be KO'd and lose half their stars. (If Alte is not KO'd by the attack, the card effect will not activate) Additionally, Self-Destruct will activate Alte's passive ability, giving her an additional +1 Attack (to a maximum of +3) for the remainder of the game.
KO'ing an enemy with Self-Destruct does not give any wins, and will not count as a KO for the purposes of any achievements or unlock requirements which involve getting KO's.
Self-Destruct is unique in the sense that it can reward the player for deliberately walking into a potential KO situation. If used well, it has the ability to both feed Alte's ability to attack as well as stopping the advance of opponents. As a Hyper whose effects only activate upon the user being KO'd, timing is crucial for the proper usage of Self-Destruct. Although using Self-Destruct from full HP may work in some situations, such as against bosses (particularly the) and high-attack characters, more often than not using Self-Destruct from full HP will result in a wasted Hyper. Thus, it is critical that the player effectively manages her HP when looking to use Self-Destruct.
The main advantage that Self-Destruct has over any other Hyper is the unease generated by the card itself and its extremely cheap price. Opponents will often be wary of attacking Alte the longer the game progresses, as the risk of their assault backfiring will be ever present. This is a double edged sword however, since as a result, the player may have to try to initiate combat themselves and damage their own health. In many cases, HP depletion will naturally occur throughout the game via landing onpanels and using cards to aid Alte's endeavors. Cards such as and can be used to lower Alte's health, and cards such as , , , and especially can be used to force players into battling Alte.
The Hyper does feature a few disadvantages, however. Self-Destruct usually requires similar setup toA more unique detriment to Self-Destruct is that similar to , in that the player will want to low their health as much as possible to guarantee their own death. Unfortunately, Alte's stats are not convenient for this task, as her low defense may KO her rather than reduce her HP, and her above average evasion, may cause her to dodge strong attacks, when the player intended for the opponent to KO them. The player may also never get to use the Hyper, as similar to , players may actively avoid attacking Alte for fear of activating Self-Destruct, which is problematic if the player is behind in star count and needs to KO someone to have a chance. The player will also not be able to start using the Hyper until Norma 3, which gives the Hyper a late start unless is used. , there are a few characters and cards that can maneuver around it's effect. For instance, if is not in form Self-Destruct will not KO him or cause him to lose stars. Similarly, QP's will not prevent the KO but will prevent the star loss effect. Cards such as and can also help the opponent easily bypass the Hyper.
- Playing As Alte
- The Norma level 2 instead of the usual 3. works very well with Alte's Hyper as the player will be able to start using her Hyper at
- Landing on panels should take priority for Alte if the player starts without a as it is crucial to the player's success.
- and are relatively essential as Alte is based around her Hyper, thus the player should try to use any method to find it.
- Since drawing and hoarding Hyper cards takes priority, can usually be discarded easily. However, it's a nuisance to less card-reliant characters and can help stall the game to allow Alte more time to set up.
- If most opponent players have lost their stars on panels and the player in the lead, it can be beneficial for the player to use on to essentially erase the stars lost from the game, leaving Alte far ahead of the other players.
- The player should never use up all their cards, for the intimidation factor from Alte's Hyper. The more cards the player is holding, the better. If the player has 0 cards in their hand, then it clear they don't have a Hyper and Bully characters will resume the pressure they were giving Alte at Norma 1 and 2.
- Generally, the player shouldn't prioritize get the ATK bonus from using Alte's Hyper. Just the fact that it saves the player stars stars and/or makes the opponent lose theirs is already too valuable for maintaining the lead or slowing down the one who's closer to winning.
- can be used in combination with to K.O. a player and destroy half of their stars from anywhere on the field. While this combo is extremely potent in the late game, it can also be used anytime Alte is at low HP and would rather impede a high-attack character (that would reliably K.O. her in a fight) rather than risk wasting hypers on Encounter panels and low-attack characters.
- Playing Against Alte
- Aggressive player's should focus on KO'ing Alte before she reaches Norma level 3, to effectively prevent her from using her Hyper.
- Cards such as , , and can easily rob Alte of her Hyper, thus removing her threatening source of power.
- Cards such as and make excellent counters to as one ends the battle, and the other doesn't deal damage, thus not triggering the Hyper.
- can also be used to circumvent and KO Alte by preventing the player from activating the Hyper.
Recommended Cards[edit source]
Counter Cards[edit source]
|Planned Demolition||Play 10 games as Alte.|
|Full Payload||Successfully use Self-Destruct as Alte three times in a single match.|
|Rebellion||Awarded for killing a boss with.|
- Alte appears in the artwork for and is quoted in the description of .
- Alte is the 1st boss in the game Sora.
- Alte's Hyper, sacrifice to try and stop . , is a reference to Alte's
- Alte is named after the Lambda Leonis star in the constellation Leo. This star is also known as Alterf, which in Arabic, translates to "the eye, the glance (of the lion)".
- Alte is 24 years old.
- Alte is fights on behalf of her husband, he is in bad shape and is unable to fight.
Update History[edit source]