Saki is a relatively balanced character with a neutral attack and defense stats. With her below average health stats and lack of defensive buffs, she should spend her time avoiding confrontations with other players or Norma level 3 and landing on either or panels to secure a Hyper and the stars necessary to level up.panels and instead focus on acquiring stars and preserving health. If combat should occur, however, her slightly increased evasion stat can help her avoid weaker attacks but is not a guaranteed method for survival. Similar to , most of Saki's strength comes from her Hyper and as a result, the player should focus on reaching
The main downside to Saki is that while she is not weak in the traditional sense, her survivability is generally not very good. Without any defense boost and only a slightly increased evasion stat, she does not have the evasion power ofor the added preservation of to support her low health stat. Saki's other disadvantage is her reliance on her Hyper card. If the player is unable to draw Saki's Hyper, they will likely be unable to stop an opponent with more stars.
Unlock Info[edit source]
- Automatically unlocked if DLC 2 is owned.
- +Extremely powerful Hyper that deters opponents and can severely set them back
- +Hyper pushes Saki further into the lead with guaranteed stars
- +Low Recovery
- -Low survivability
- -Relatively easy to bully
- -Hyper is opponent-reliant for gains
- -Hyper reliant
Saki's hyper is Big Bang Bell. When played, Big Bang Bell is set on the user's current panel. When landed on by any character including the player, it will deal 2 damage plus an additional +1 per every 2 chapters that have passed since it was originally set. The damage will affect the player who landed on it and all players within 2 adjacent board panels, including diagonally. (The blast radius is highlighted with glowing panels when the player initially sets the card) If any player is KO'd, half of their stars are given to the player who set the Hyper. (KOs by the Hyper's effect do not count as wins)
Hyper Strategy[edit source]
Big Bang Bell is one of the best trap cards in the game, dealing massive punishment to opponents and potentially high gain for the player, all for the low price of 0 stars. The player also has the added bonus of being immune to the trap themselves as they will simply regain their own stars. As a result of this, the Hyper is relatively safe to drop on any panel, and the player should prioritize placing it as soon as possible to allow the damage output to grow. The Hyper is also potentially the most damaging card in the game with theoretically infinite damage output. As a trap, the Big Bang Bell has a variety of uses, and similar to Norma by KOing the opponent. In contrast, it may be smarter to leave Big Bang Bell on a lesser-traveled path to catch opponents by surprise in the late game. It is best to let the bell gain damage and then influence players to take the path where the trap is by placing more traps on the opposing pathway. Field events like can quickly make opponents forget about the Hyper's location if it was set randomly, and cards like can quickly make the trap's location confusing. Big Bang Bell also works well in decks with considering that both take time to charge. This occasionally leads to players stepping on well-charged Big Bang Bells thinking they are well-charged Piggy Banks, especially if the player set the Hyper on their own .The Hyper is not without its disadvantages though. As a trap card, Big Bang Bell is directly countered by has the advantage of creating unease and uncertainty among opponents as any trap set by Saki could be her Hyper. As to be expected, one of the most popular ways the Hyper is generally at it's best when set on an opponent's panel as not only can it deny an opponent from attempting to win the game, but it can also stop both Wins and Star and , as well as indirectly countered by if the opponent gets the card. Like all traps, the Hyper is also opponent-reliant, making it rather unreliable, and while this can make the Hyper extremely strong, it will be for not if the opponent misses it. The player will also not be able to start using the Hyper until Norma 3, which gives the Hyper a late start unless is used. Some opponents will also purposely head toward their panel as quickly as possible if they believe the player set Big Bang Bell on it. By doing this, they will activate it before it's damage output becomes lethal, thus countering its star loss effect.
- Playing As Saki
- Generally a deck full of trap cards is advisable for Saki, to further confuse opponents. Traps like , , and can be used to scare opponents and add unpredictability.
- Under the right circumstances, Norma level 2 instead of the usual 3. It is by no means a "must have" but can be useful if its the player's starting card. can work well with Saki's hyper as the player will be able to start using her hyper at
- Given Saki's hyper-reliance to truly be effective, and are essential cards for helping the player draw a hyper.
- is advisable to boost Saki's evasion stat in case of massive attacks from either opponents or panels.
- Playing Against Saki
- With Saki's low health stat and sole reliance on her evasion, most battle cards are the best counters to Saki as they will not improve her combat ability much and will help the player KO her if she rolls poorly.
- is an excellent counter card to Saki, as she relies on the element of surprise regarding the contents of her hand and thus her traps.
- and are brutal against Saki as they can help her lose her hyper before she has the chance to set it. The former may also give the player her hyper, which can play out poorly for the opponent. and can also be used, but carry the inherent danger of Saki being able to use them to trick the player since they are trap cards.
- and Kyoko's hyper both will prevent Saki's hyper from activating and are thus excellent counters.
Recommended Cards[edit source]
Counter Cards[edit source]
|Saki's Cookie||Play 10 games as Saki.|
|The Big Bang||As Saki, KO at least 2 other players with one|
Big Bang Bell you have set.
|Dropped the Bomb||As Saki, KO yourself with your own Big Bang Bell and nobody else.|