Poppo Event (2017)
Introduction[edit | edit source]
Released with Version 1.19.3, this event added yet another Poppo outfit to unlock, named Tuxedo Poppo. Also, in addition to the existing Poppo-related changes made to the game, all enemy units and Bosses wore a Poppo Mask for the duration of the event.
The 2017 Poppo Event is a seasonal event that ran from August 17th, 2017 - September 25th, 2017.
New Items[edit | edit source]
- Once all previous Poppo costumes have been unlocked, another star-shaped meter will appear on the title screen, this time along with Cyborg Poppo. This meter is filled after KOing 36 units wearing the Poppo Mask as , while wearing the Cyborg Poppo costume.
- Units KO'd in multiplayer games are worth three times more for the purposes of filling the meter, meaning it is possible to fill it completely after KOing only 12 units, if playing only in multiplayer.
- Any unit wearing the Poppo Mask counts towards progress, including enemy units, Bosses, and player characters. All enemy units and Bosses wore a Poppo Mask for the duration of the event, except for Big Poppo. Player characters only counted if they had the Poppo Mask equipped, and CPU characters never wore masks.
- Amount of wins earned from a KO do not matter. Regardless of whether the KO was against an enemy unit, Boss, or player character, it would only add 1 to the total (or 3 if playing multiplayer).
- Wearing the Poppo Mask yourself is not a requirement; only the Cyborg Poppo costume is necessary.
- Even though Cyborg Poppo can be obtained without unlocking Rad Poppo or Dapper Poppo, all three costumes have to be earned before the meter to unlock Tuxedo Poppo will start counting up.
- Tuxedo Poppo was set as another costume that will add +25% to the chance of summoning Big Poppo when equipped.
Event Rewards[edit | edit source]
|Name||Cost/How to Unlock|
|Tuxedo Poppo||As Cyborg Poppo, KO 36 units who are wearing a Poppo Mask, with units KO'd in multiplayer games counting for triple.|
List of Poppo Events[edit | edit source]