Miusaki (ミウサキ Miusaki) , also known as Miu, is one of the playable characters in 100% Orange Juice! She was added to the game in DLC 13 alongside . She originates from the currently unreleased game Alicianrone in which her role is unknown.
- When using Defend in battle, never take more than 2 damage at once.
A tomboy with a loud mouth and lack of grace, Miusaki is a chipper and spirited magical girl who's ready to play. Miusaki features a very unusual stat line with an average 4 health, a buffed attack stat, a heavily debuffed defense stat, and a standard recovery and evasion stat. As to be expected, the extra +1 to attack can be extremely useful in combat, and her neutral evasion stat can help her dodge low roles from wild units on bosses and opponents will be unable to KO the player on a home panel to get stars and win the game if Musaki has more than 2 HP. Better yet, even if the player's health is reduced to 2, they can easily put the health barrier back up through simple means such as landing on a panel, using a cheap health card like , landing on a panel, or recovering from a board effect like . The ability to survive, compounded with Miusaki's hyper that makes her literally invincible, makes her a great, if not an unusual tank.panels. The true hallmark of Miusaki that stands out above the rest of her stat line, however, is her passive. Similar to , Miusaki is constructed around a passive that can make her extremely difficult to KO. When defending, she will only take a maximum of 2 damage and given that she has 4 HP, it will always take at least 2 battles to KO her without the help of effects that damage her outside of battle. Unsurprisingly, this can be extremely useful, Misuaki is immune to hypers that usually cause almost certain KO's like and if she has at least 3 HP going into the battle. This also makes Miusaki a strong player in the late game, as she can survive the powerful attacks of
Despite her ability to survive where many characters would not, Miusaki is far from unbeatable. One of the key disadvantages of Miusaki is her defense stat which actively counterbalances her passive. Miusaki has the lowest defense stat in the game at -2, which means she is basically guaranteed to take 2 damage whenever an opponent attacks her with a strong roll. As a result, a steady stream of powerful abuse from bullies can take her down quickly under the right circumstances. Health is a very big deal for Miusaki, so simple effects likeand become much more influential if the player is already damaged. Miusaki is also not quite as resilient as NoName, as neither her passive nor hyper protect her from KO effects.
Miusaki should more often than not try to aim for star norma and play passively unless the opportunity to attack a weak opponent presents itself. In the early game, the player should focus on and panels as the better the player's hand, the more prepared they will be for the later game.
Unlock Info[edit source]
- Automatically unlocked if DLC 13 is owned.
- +Powerful passive- guaranteed to survive when defending with 3 or 4 HP
- +Strong hyper that can be used for both protective and assault purposes
- -Terrible DEF stat and mediocre HP and EVD stats. High chance of KO at 1 or 2 HP
- -Hyper does not block health setting cards or KO effects.
Miusaki's hyper is Solid Witch. When activated, it prevents the unit that played the card from receiving any damage for one chapter.
Solid Witch is a powerful hyper card that enables the player to avoid taking any damage for 1 chapter. Consequently, the card can be used for a mixture of both defensive and offensive purposes. For instance, the card can be used when the player is low on health and is either approaching or being chased by a high attack character such asor . The hyper's activation will either force the opponent to pass the player or take the risk of attacking the player while invincible to stay behind them. The card can also be used to protect the player from panels in the late game, especially if HP is low. More importantly, the hyper makes a great counter to certain hyper such, , , and if the opponent is trying to force the player into a losing battle. Given the protective qualities of Solid Witch, it can also be used for an attack. If multiple opponents are on the same panel nearby, the player can activate the hyper and all of the opponents without any risk of being KO'd (unless, of course, the opponent has ). Solid Witch can also be used as a vicious combo with or , with the former enabling the player to deal 2 rounds of risk-free damage and the latter ensuring the user will win the fight no matter what.
Solid Witch is not an invincible barrier, however, and arguably one of the hyper's greatest disadvantage is that it is a boost card. Unlike most protective hypers likeand it is not a stock effect and its duration is extremely short. Subsequently, opponents behind the player can just wait for the effect to end, and if the player is trying to use it offensively, they may fail to roll high enough to reach their target. Thus, if the player fails to time the hyper well, it can easily go to waste. The biggest issue with Solid Witch, though, is that it actually does not protect the player from everything. The hyper can only block damage dealt in combat or cards that deal damage outside of combat. Cards that KO a player and cards that change the target's HP directly still penetrate through the shield granted by the hyper. Solid Witch does not block the effects of:
(if no cards are held)
& (activation damage)
- Playing As Miusaki
- Cards that heal such as & are especially vital for Miusaki, as recovering health allows her to 'tank' otherwise big hits that would prove fatal to most other players.
- is extremely useful on . If she has at least 3 HP, she is guaranteed to survive (if she defends) & heal away all damage afterwards.
- Defensive cards such as & are NOT recommended for due to her -2 DEF stat.
- is excellent against bullies if you're at 2 HP & want to ensure you survive.
- is a killer combo with & . Since Solid Witch lasts an entire chapter, she can abuse the aforementioned cards in a similar vein to Sora's & Suguri's .
- significantly increases your odds of survival at 1 or 2 HP. Even more crucial for Miusaki now that her Evade was lowered to 0.
- Playing Against Miusaki
- Cards that deal damage outside of battle like , , & can prove effective against her. If she is reduced to 2 HP or less & is engaged in battle, she'll have to evade to survive (which can be problematic for units with -1 or 0 ATK)
- While & are extremely good when used by in conjunction with , they are likely to be lethal against her when she's NOT under the effects of .
- Cards that eliminate hypers like , , & can help ensure a weakened will get KOed in combat.
- can be devastating against , as her 0 EVD is insignificant against boss attacks most of the time.
Recommended Cards[edit source]
Counter Cards[edit source]
|Cheerful Green||Play 10 games as Miusaki.|
|Can Take a Pummeling||Survive 10 battles in a row in a single game with Miusaki.|
|Slightly Dense||Avoid damage from an out of battle source that would have killed you while under the effect of Miusaki's hyper,.|