Tomomo (Casual & Sweet Eater)
Tomomo (Sweet Eater): When KO'd, discard your hand and turn back to Tomomo (Casual).
Tomomo (Casual) is an extremely unusual character in that she is two very different characters and similar to, requires setup to reach full strength.
Tomomo (Casual) is the base form of the unit, centered around survival. In Casual form, Tomomo is fragile and frail with a below average health and defense stat, and a slightly increased evasion stat. With her weak stats and low HP, Tomomo (Casual) will generally need to avoid combat with other players andpanels. The player's primary focus should be on panels to reach Norma 3 as quickly as possible and on panels to locate a Hyper card.
Tomomo (Sweet Eater) is the transformed version of Tomomo that replaces the Casual form once the player activates her Hyper,. In Sweet Eater form, Tomomo is a bully with incredible stats, featuring a massive health pool rivaling most tank characters and the strongest attack stat in the entire game, a +3. With such powerful stats, Tomomo (Sweet Eater) can easily dominate the game, with or without battle cards, if the player can successfully keep her alive.
Even with her powerful Sweet Eater form, Tomomo is disadvantaged in a multitude of ways, most of which stem from her primary form. In her Casual form, Tomomo is often bullied heavily as a result of her weak stats, and she will generally be targeted, the moment she draws a center deck. Perhaps the worst disadvantage, however, is Tomomo (Sweet Eater)'s passive ability which causes her to drop all cards in hand, revert to Tomomo (Casual), and contend with a Recovery stat of 6, essentially leaving the player in the most vulnerable state possible.. This ties into her second disadvantage in that if the opponent KO's her in Casual form, she will discard her Hyper, resulting in the player needing to draw another one. This can be difficult to do, considering that there are only 8 Hyper cards of the 48 cards in the
Unlock Info[edit source]
- Automatically unlocked if DLC 15 is owned.
- +Powerful hyper as Casual
- +Incredible stats as Sweet Eater, including the highest ATK (+3) and 6 HP
- +No EVD or DEF stat drawbacks as Sweet Eater
- -Hyper reliant
- -Hyper has a high level and star requirements and is lost if KO'd
- -Very fragile and easy to bully as Tomomo (Casual)
- -Very situational and expensive Hyper as Tomomo (Sweet Eater)
Tomomo (Casual)'s hyper is Miracle Red Bean Ice Cream. When held, the unit gains +1 ATK until the card is discarded. Getting KOed through battle will remove this card from the player's hand. Additionally, when played by Tomomo (Casual), she will transform into her powerful Sweet Eater form and immediately recover to full HP. When Tomomo (Sweet Eater) holds this card, it transforms into Magical Revenge.
Tomomo (Sweet Eater)'s hyper is Magical Revenge. When played below max HP, a random living opponent will take 1 point of damage. If this effect results in a KO, the player gains one win. This effect is repeated for every HP below the unit's max HP, so if Tomomo (Sweet Eater) is at 1HP, this card will deal 5 damage spread out randomly across all living opponents. If any unit other than Tomomo (Sweet Eater) gains this card, it transforms back into Miracle Red Bean Ice Cream.
While Miracle Red Bean Ice Cream is not a particularly powerful card in its own right, its ability to transform Tomomo (Casual) into Tomomo (Sweet Eater) usually makes it incredibly central to her general gameplan. It can often be detrimental to draw too early, as Tomomo (Casual)'s poor HP makes her fairly easy to wear down and KO in battle in order to forcibly discard her hyper before she can use it. Due to this, it can be effective to avoidMagical Revenge is a powerful but risky hyper; the damage it can deal and the wins it can grant can be game-changing, but Tomomo (Sweet Eater) does not particularly like being at the low HP required to make use of it, so the hyper is somewhat of a double-edged sword. One potential use is to use it to try and weaken a target before attacking them - this makes it more likely for Tomomo (Sweet Eater) to attack and KO her target without getting counterattacked, useful for landing on a home panel at low HP, but the random target selection makes it inconsistent in this regard. The hyper can also be useful if Tomomo (Sweet Eater) is getting bullied by another player; it's likely that both players will be left at low HP from a single encounter, making it more likely for the hyper to KO her attacker before they can attack again. This can buy her enough time to heal or complete a norma. In any case, as Tomomo (Sweet Eater) discards her hand upon KO anyway, there's little reason to hold off using it in such situations. panels until Norma 3 to avoid painting a target on yourself. Once drawn it is generally a good idea to use it immediately to avoid a premature KO, however it can occasionally be worth waiting a chapter or two to take damage from a Bomber or Air Raid field event as it will be healed upon transforming. is useful for all characters with powerful hypers, but Tomomo (Casual) in particular can hold onto it to draw hypers without making herself a target. can also be used to avoid battles that could thwart Tomomo (Casual)'s transformation. can be used to transform early at Norma 2, though the 35 star cost still makes this difficult. and are useful for bringing players to 1HP where Magical Revenge only needs to hit once to score a KO, though the latter puts Tomomo (Sweet Eater) at risk of a KO herself. will restore all missing HP when Magical Revenge is used, however Tomomo (Sweet Eater) should generally avoid cards that deal self damage as she is put in a highly disadvantageous state if KOed.
- Playing As Tomomo (Casual)
- Your hyper is one of the most powerful hypers in the game. Early on it is the only way to get beyond your lackluster stats with its attack boost. As such your early game should focus on drawing cards first and foremost.
- Play defensively at this point since getting knocked out sets you back very far due to losing all cards associated with her hyper.
- Playing As Tomomo (Sweet Eater)
- After level 3, your hyper becomes an insane transformation, along with a full heal, 4 additional attack, and a new hyper card that acts as a less predictable air raid based on health you're missing. Win normas seem to be what this mode is designed for, though it really depends on where casual mode left you whether you want to hunt people down or just collect stars with a very intimidating stat line.
- Playing Against Tomomo (Casual)
- Hound her with battles nonstop, as her stats in this form are lackluster and knocking her out removes any ice cream she's holding.
- Playing Against Tomomo (Sweet Eater)
- If you are familiar with pre-nerf Tomomo you know what to do.
- If you are not familiar, RUN. (and hope she lands on bosses or other players a lot)
Recommended Cards[edit source]
Counter Cards[edit source]
|Leisure Time||Play 10 games as Tomomo (Casual & Sweet Eater).|
|Magical Miracle!||As Tomomo (Sweet Eater), KO at least 2 players using one Magical Revenge.|
|A Fine Day to Stay in Bed||Win a game as Tomomo (Casual) without turning into Tomomo (Sweet Eater).|
- Tomomo (Casual)'s appearance is based on the "Tomomo" card from 200% Mixed Juice!.
- Sweet Eater is Tomomo's Sweet Gods name, as revealed in 200% Mixed Juice!.
- Two months before the release of the Yuki & Tomomo Renewal Pack, Hono shared a sketch of Sweet Eater Tomomo on Twitter.
- The title of Sweet Eater was once stated to belong to Suguru, a QP Kiss version of . However this is probably a joke or retconned later by Hono.
- Tomomo (Casual) was originally supposed to release as her own character, until Hono requested Fruitbat Factory to give her the Sweet Eater form.
Update History[edit source]