Mio's Dark Citadel
|Mio's Dark Citadel|
- “Think you can beat me? Think you can defeat me with those stupid dice?”
Overview[edit | edit source]
After defeating Mio's abomination,, Tomomo pursues Mio, the entity that made her a magical girl, to defeat her once and for all.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
There is no character selected by default for this episode. The match is played on the Dark Citadel board, with the , , and field events in effect. The opponents for this episode are , , and .
The Mio in this match has an HP value of 9999, displayed as ?/?. This HP stat is kept track of during the match like any normal HP value, although it cannot be seen. Mio is also immune to any effects that can instantly KO, or set HP to a fixed value.
Unlock Info[edit | edit source]
The steps needed to unlock Mio's Dark Citadel involve a process of completing numerous co-op related tasks in a specific order. The full unlock procedure can be found on the Retired Events page.
Mio's Dark Citadel could be unlocked during the Master of the Minions event, after the global counter had reached 0 HP. After the event's end, the campaign became non-seasonal post-release.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This extra episode is rather difficult for quite a few reasons. First and foremost, the player is up against some of the strongest offensive characters in the game, with Star Breaker and Tomomo (unsoftened) packing massive potential damage. The player is also up against Mio, who as mentioned before, has 9999 HP and is immune to KO effects, making it practically impossible to stop her from progressing her norma. Cards can still be used to steal from her star supply, but battles will be nearly useless against her. The player's main rival will likely be either Tomomo or Mio, as Tomomo can quickly amass stars and wins from encounter panels, and Mio's wins and stars will grow exponentially.
Besides the characters, the player will also have to deal with the board. Dark Citadel is a somewhat complicated board to maneuver that is both the player's best friend and worst nightmare in this scenario. The board features a nice amount ofand panels to support the player. The panels are also all near the center, which can help increase the player's chance of landing on any home panel. However, by that same token, the board also sports panels which can make the player more vulnerable to the opponent's attacks. The addition of field events creates the most difficult in the episode, however. The field event will continuously lower the player's HP, which is problematic, as the player will want to keep their health as high as possible during the match, to avoid certain death from a high opponent roll. It can work in the player's favor, though, as it also lowers the opponent characters' health, enabling the player to KO them and steal their stars and gain wins, especially from Star Breaker. The event can also harm or help the player but provides easy access for the player to acquire potentially strong cards or extra stars to stay ahead. One of the most difficult aspects of this board is the field event. Dark Citadel is already rather complicated, and the backtrack event makes it so that players cannot go to the home panels. Consequently, the player should be aware of whether backtrack is active, to ensure they do not accidentally set themselves up to miss the opportunity to norma after the event has subsided.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Completing this episode on any difficulty unlocks Dark Citadel board, and the Master of the Minions ending cutscene and artwork. It also allows the Dark Citadel Dice, Dark Citadel Homemark, RoPoChi pet, and RPG Costumes for , , and to be purchased in the Shop. as a playable character, along with her voice pack, the
- Completing this episode on Extreme difficulty unlocks the Mio's Flame Dice.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This campaign episode is part of the Master of the Minions campaign.
- This campaign story is the first time has appeared in a campaign story since the base-game campaigns.
- This campaign's story marks the end of Part 1 of 100% Orange Juice!.
- Eight days after this campaign episode was first released, a video was posted to Fruitbat Factory's YouTube channel, likely intended as a short continuation to the campaign story.