- Gain when holding no cards at the end of turn.
An antagonistic and extremely competitive girl, Mei is always ready for a fight with whoever she deems as her nemesis, with the help of her penguins Red & Blue. Mei herself is a balanced character with a slightly below-average health stat and a neutral evasion, attack, and defense stats. However, she can lean towards being aggressive thanks to her unique passive, similar to. Whenever Mei has no cards in her hand, she will draw , the most powerful stat-boosting gift card in the game, providing +1 to her attack, defense, and evasion stat as long as the card is held. This is extremely powerful, as it provides the player with completely positive stats and durability that is unequaled by rivaling attack characters such as and . Unsurprisingly the player should try to get Red & Blue the earliest they can, to keep Mei as strong as possible for as long as possible. If the player is lucky, this can sometimes be accomplished by starting with a zero cost card they can play immediately, like . This need to zero out the hand also makes Mei one of the few characters who can benefit from , as she will always get Red & Blue back after its activation. With a bit of luck, she can even draw the one sent back to the deck, providing her with two copies of the card. Once the player has the gift card, Mei will generally not have much difficulty defeating panels and surviving panels, as her attack will either be enough to defeat the opponent or her defense and evasion will protect her from both high and low rolls. As a result, depending on the player's performance, they can use Mei to fulfill either norma as she can fight well or defend herself and collect stars. Also, if the player has Red & Blue, in their hand, while Mei has her hyper in hand, the player will have access to a powerful hyper than can be used to punish players for coming near her.
The inherent disadvantage of Mei's kit is her reliance on. Without the card, Mei is a weaker that should avoid battle, and if Mei is KO'd the player will lose the card. This means unlike most of the cast, the player will generally want to keep a very small hand at all times in order to get the card back should they lose it. However, this may not be possible, especially if the player is holding cards like or which can be very hard to discard. This can also make it very hard to plan a powerful play for Mei, as the player must always plan to be able to empty their hand in a moment's notice if they must. Consequently, Red & Blue is also an inconvenience. Since it must always be held to reap the full benefits of Mei, the player will only really have 2 card slots to work with instead of 3. Likewise, if the player loses Red & Blue, Mei's hyper also becomes substantially worse and will often need to be used just to remove it from the player's hand. In short, discarding Red & Blue will set the player back in the game and it may be quite hard to make a comeback after it is lost. Thus, while Mei can battle with the likes of the player should try to distance themselves from powerful bully characters when their hand is full to avoid losing Red & Blue.
As previously stated, Mei can potentially play for either wins or stars dependent on how well the player rolls and if they get her passive gift card quickly. If the player is lucky enough to get the gift, do well onpanels, and KO an opponent with her hyper, then wins can be viable. If RNG is not on the player's side, however, her stats should support her well enough that the player can collect stars in peace and counter-attack well in response to opponents. Overall, Mei is used for star norma more often than not, but wins norma can sometimes be used for norma 2 and 3 during the course of the game.
Unlock Info[edit source]
- Automatically unlocked if DLC 18 is owned.
- +Balanced stats make for an adaptable playstyle
- +Has two unique cards, and that make her quite powerful
- +Opponent cards that cause the player to discard are often beneficial
- +Red & Blue requirement for the stronger version of the hyper makes it generally useless for opponents
- +Hyper that damages people on the same panel discourages opponents from challenging her
- -Heavily reliant on
- -Might be unable to rebound from difficult scenarios or reclaim stolen stars after losing
- -Having an expensive or high-level card in hand makes it very difficult to get Red & Blue
- -Weak hyper without Red & Blue
Mei's hyper is White Christsmasher, which deals 2 damage distributively to all players in the same panel as her, and gains the KO'd character's level x5 stars and 1 Win.
Mei also has an unique gift card called Red & Blue, which causes her to gain +1 ATK, DEF and EVD, and once discarded or KO'd, the card will drop from your hand.
Having both previously mentioned cards on your hand at the same time will turn White Christsmasher into True White Christsmasher, which operates similarly to its previous version, but now the attack expands to players 1 panel away from you, and gains double the amount of stars (Player KO'd Level x10)
White Christsmasher is a situational hyper but can lead to decent rewards. To break even, a player would have to knock down one Level 2 enemy, or two Level 1, making it a very useful card in the late game, were the player to land on the same panel as someone that is low on HP. Another good use can be to knock down any pursuers that Mei has managed to hold off and bring down to 2HP, shaking them off and getting rewards as a bonus.
- Playing As Mei
- As previously mentioned, the player should empty their hand as quickly as possible in order to get . If the player starts with a low-level and low-cost card of any kind, they should activate it as soon as they can regardless of what it is.
- panels can be a mixed blessing for Mei. If the player has a high-level card in their hand that they can't play, drawing until they have to discard it might be quicker than trying to reach the norma & stars needed to play it. This will, of course, fill the hand with other cards which may potentially be worse.
- Cards the player can "burn" quickly are advisable. This includes cards such as , , , , among others the latter which can be used to help the player drop a high-level card.
- is actually advisable for the player to bring, since if the player draws it they can use it to get rid of a difficult hand, and conversely if the opponent uses it, Mei will still end up with a copy of Red & Blue. can also potentially be used instead (assuming the player doesn't land on a draw panel during that turn).
- While riskier of a tactic, the player may choose to bring a copy of . If the player draws it, they can potentially set it on their own panel to steal their copy of , receive a second, and then go back to home to get the original copy. This will enable the player to have 2 of the card for double the power. Unsurprisingly, this can backfire on the player, however, it may still benefit the player if the opponent thinks its a .
- Bringing is not worth it given the cheapness of both versions of Mei's hyper. Bringing the card will only really benefit opponents.
- Given that can KO an opponent at 4 HP, a copy of might be worth bringing to ensure the player gets at least one copy of the hyper card.
- Gift Cards are especially good for Mei, as every gift that can be added into the deck can be played on turn 1. is the best, since it can help the player use higher-level cards out of their hand. and are useful if the player is looking to KO their opponent. is the least useful gift to add to her deck.
- Playing Against Mei
- If Mei is not currently holding , the player should be aggressive as possible, as Mei's neutral stats and flimsy health will do little to protect her.
- can be highly useful against Mei, especially after she's been KO'ed & lost Red & Blue.
- By their very nature, and are counters to Mei, given that hyper cards, and are designed to fill the hand with cards.
- Packing high-level cards such as , , and among others can clog Mei's hand for a while if she draws them.
- is also effective against Mei, as it can potentially take Red & Blue away from the opponent, and even give them high-level cards to further damage their hand.
- Cards that are not high-level but hard to discard like and are also effective at countering Mei.
Recommended Cards[edit source]
Counter Cards[edit source]
In Co-op mode, Mei doesn't change at all, as her recovery stat does not rise nor is her hyper price or effect (with the exception that it cannot harm friends).
When holding, attacker can be one of Mei's better roles, as her increased defense and evasion make a nice accompaniement to a +3 ATK. Unfortunately, however, her viability is hindered by her low HP and potential to lose her +1 stats, thus it will likely be beneficial for another player to play as guardian or supporter to help keep Mei in good combat-ready condition.
Similar to attacker, within hand, mei can be a decent guardian, sporting a +3 DEF, which will enable her to survive hard blows from the boss. She is not a great choice, though, as her HP is low, providing few shields, and if she is KO'd, she will lose her +1 stats. The player would need a supporter ally to be around at all times, which is problematic as the attackers and avengers will likely need their assistance more.
Supporter is not a great matchup for Mei, as she doesn't have any heavily increased stats on her own, her passive gift gives limited protection and will drop if she is KO'd. While the role does provide a +1 evasion boost, it will not increase the her survivability much during the late game, and the player will suffer from Mei's lack of damage output.
Given her low HP pool, Mei is not an ideal candidate for an avenger. Even when holding, Mei will not be able to take much damage, and as a KO will result in her losing the card, it will likely not pay off for the player. While the role does provide a +1 evasion boost, it will not increase Mei's survivability much during the late game, and her lack of damage output will more than likely hinder the player's progress.
DealerAs noted by her rank, one of Mei's best roles is as a dealer. While a bit hard to accomplish, this mainly stems from the ability to give to other players, which can be particularly potent on attackers. Some notable combos for this are attacker who can wield a permanent +5 ATK and +3 EVD thanks to her passive, , who once powered up with Active Extensions can have a whopping +5 ATK +4 DEF and +4 EVD, and attacker who can have a frightening +6 ATK. Otherwise, it can pair decently with most other characters, however, there are exceptions. The card can be problematic for characters like who need a negative defense, and avengers, as they need to take more damage, and thus a defense boost may pose a problem.
|Troublemaker||Play 10 games as Mei.|
|Red vs Blue||KO at least 5 people in 1 match while having Red & Blue in hand|
|Pumpkin Smasher||KO at least 2 units with one White Christsmasher or True White Christsmasher|
|Using a Card||▶️||Card!||カード！|
|▶️||The time has come!||これだ！|
|▶️||I'll use a card here!||カードを使うよ！|
|▶️||I'm going to play this one.||これを使うぞー|
|Placing Trap||▶️||Hihihi, the trap's been set.||ひっひっひ、トラップだ|
|▶️||Which dummy will fall for it?||どんなマヌケがひっかかるかな|
|Using Battle Card||▶️||Battle card!||バトルカード！|
|▶️||I'll give it all I have!||全力でいくよ！|
|▶️||I'm aiming for victory!||勝ちに行くよ！|
|▶️||Super all-out mode!||超絶本気モード！|
|White Christsmasher||▶️||White Christsmasher!!||ホワイトクリスマッシャー！！|
|Reviving||▶️||I've completely recovered!||完全復活だー！|
|▶️||Darn... I didn't lose the game yet, though!||くっそー、まだ負けてないんだからな！|
|▶️||Red, Blue, we'll catch up now!||アカ、アオ！遅れを取り戻すよ！|
|▶️||I'll turn the tables now!||ここから逆転するんだからね！|
|Revive Failed||▶️||Aaah! I hate this!||あー！もう！|
|▶️||I messed up!?||失敗した…！？|
|▶️||Back from the grave!||よし、立て直した！|
|▶️||All right, I can fight again!||よーし、まだ戦える！|
|▶️||My batteries are fully charged!||元気になった！|
|▶️||What is this...?!||なんだこれ…！|
|▶️||Where am I going?||ドコに行くんだ！|
|▶️||Where am I?!||ここどこ！？|
|KO'd in Field||▶️||Gunuu!||ぐぬー！|
|Battle (Attacker)||▶️||We should play!||あそぼーぜぃ！|
|▶️||We should fight!||やろーぜ！|
|▶️||Here I go!||いっくぜー！|
|▶️||Kay, the battle begins now!||うっし、バトル開始だ！|
|Battle (Defender)||▶️||Sounds fun, we can play together!||いいじゃん、遊んであげるぜ|
|▶️||Just bring it on!||相手しあげるぜ！|
|▶️||All right, I can fight again!||さー、どっからでも来い！|
|▶️||I accept the challenge!||受けてたつぜ！|
|Heavy Damage||▶️||That hurts so much!!||いったいなー！！|
|▶️||Ah this sucks!||あーもう！|
|▶️||What's wrong with you!||なんだよもう！|
|Evading||▶️||You can't hit me!||あたんないぜ！|
|▶️||Way too slow!||遅いよ！|
|▶️||Something wrong with your aim?||ドコ狙ってるのさ|
|▶️||Slow means slow!||遅い遅い！|
|Winning in Battle||▶️||Pshaw, I win!||ふふん、私の勝ちだな！|
|▶️||Thanks for the fun!||楽しかったぜぃ！|
|▶️||We should do this again!||また遊ぼーな！|
|▶️||Boy, that was so much fun!||あー楽しかった！|
|KO'd in Battle/Losing Game||▶️||Dang it! You silly dummy!||くっそー！ばーかばーか！！|
|▶️||I'll definitely make you pay for this!||絶対リベンジするからな！|
|▶️||Ugh... Damn it...||くぅ…くそぉっ|
|▶️||I don't believe I lost...||私が負けた…っ|
|Bonus Panel||▶️||Got stars!||スターいただき！|
|▶️||Hell yeah, stars!||おっし、スターだ！|
|▶️||I'm on a roll!||いい調子じゃん！|
|▶️||Listen to this jingling sound!||ジャラジャラだぜ！|
|Drop Panel||▶️||Nooo!! My stars!||あー！！スターが！|
|▶️||Ugh... My stars!||くぅうっ、スターが！|
|▶️||My stars are scattering!||スターが散ってく！|
|Stepping on Trap||▶️||What the, a trap!?||げっ、トラップ！？|
|▶️||Why's that here!?||こんなとこに！？|
|▶️||Who the hell set this here! Dumb-ass!||誰がしかけたんだ！あほー！|
|▶️||I can't believe I fell for this!||こんなのに引っかかるなんてっ|
|Boss Panel||▶️||Oh, someone's looking mighty strong.||お、手応えありそうなのがいるね|
|▶️||This is what I've wanted!||お待ちかねのボスだ！|
|▶️||Whatever comes at me, I'm always the winner!||ボスが出てこようが、勝つのは私だ！|
|▶️||Red, Blue, we're going to go all out!||アカ、アオ！気合いれていくよ！|
|Star Norma||▶️||I'll go get myself a bunch of stars!||スターを集めまくるぜ|
|▶️||All right, I'm gathering a lot of 'em!||よーし、いっぱい集めるぜ|
|▶️||All the stars will be mine!||星は全部私のもんだ！|
|▶️||It's star-gathering time!||スター集めだ！|
|Wins Norma||▶️||I'll fight a lot and win a lot!||いっぱい戦っていっぱい勝つ！|
|▶️||I'll smash down whoever comes at me!||私に向かってくるヤツはみんなはっ倒す！|
|▶️||Fighting will be much more fun!||戦う方が楽しそうだもんね|
|▶️||Fighting sounds like more fun!||戦う方が楽しそうじゃん|
|Selecting Character||▶️||Oh, me? What's up!||お、私？ よろしくな！|
|▶️||How am I gonna play today?||今日は何して遊ぼっかなー|
|▶️||I'm gonna have tons of fun!||いっぱい楽しむぜ！|
|▶️||I never get lazy about playing!||今日も超絶本気モードで遊ぶぜ！|
|Starting Game||▶️||Okies, Red, Blue, here we go!||よーし、アカアオ、いくぞー！|
|▶️||Uhihi! The game's on!||うっひひ！ ゲームの始まりだ！|
|▶️||I'll win first prize!||一位は私のもんだよ！|
|▶️||Let's see who we have here.||さーて、どんなやつらがいるかな|
|Winning Game||▶️||Hell yeah, Mei's victorious!||よっしゃー！メイちゃんの勝利だ！|
|▶️||Phew, I'm so happy!||ふぅー、満足！|
|▶️||A super massive victory for me!||私の超絶勝利だぜ！|
|▶️||I didn't play enough yet!||まだまだ遊びたりないぜ|
|Item Drop/Crate Drop||▶️||Look, a new thing!||お、新しいのみたいだぞ|
|▶️||Is that what you wanted?||これ、欲しかったヤツ？|
|Whack a Poppo/Track the Card||▶️||Okay!||おっけー！|
|▶️||I'm liking that!||いいじゃん|
|Whack a Poppo||▶️||Sure!||いいぜ！|
|Whack a Tomomo/Alte||▶️||Nope!||ダメだよ！|
|Star Treasure||▶️||Lucky you!||ラッキーじゃん|
|Battle Prize/Supporter Revive||▶️||Let's go!||いこーぜ！|
|Greeting (Home Screen/Joining Lobby)||▶️||What's up!||よっす！|
|Miss Prize/Track the Card||▶️||Mhmah?||んぁー？|
|Hyper Treasure/Good Prize||▶️||Incredible!||すっげーじゃん！|
|Miss Match/Bad Prize (Match 2)||▶️||Boy, that sucks...||わー、ひっでぇ…|
|Using Other Hyper||▶️||Nobody'd expect me to play this!||こいつを私が使うとは思うまい！|
|▶️||I don't know whose this is, but I'll just use it anyway!||誰のか知らないけど、使わせてもらうぜ！|
|▶️||I always wanted to play this once!||一回使ってみたかったんだよね、これ|
|▶️||Uhihi, I choose this card!||うひひ、このカードだ！|
|Unique Interaction Lines|
|Vs. Natsumi (attacking)||▶️||Nacchan, what's up!||なっちゃんやっほー！|
|Vs. Natsumi (defending)||▶️||We're gonna have a blast, okay!||思いっきりあそぼーぜ！|
|KO'd by Natsumi||▶️||That's my Nacchan... It was hella fun!||流石なっちゃんだぜ…楽しかった！|
|Defeat Natsumi||▶️||Ha, I won this time, Nacchan!||ふふーん、今回は私の勝ちだね、なっちゃん！|
|Vs. Yuki (any) (attacking)||▶️||Oh, if it isn't Yuki! We should play!||お、ユキじゃーん、遊ぼうぜ！|
|Vs. Yuki (any) (defending)||▶️||Oh, you wanna play with me? That's awesome!||お、相手してくれんの？ いいねいいね|
|Defeat Yuki (any)||▶️||It was quite fun!||中々楽しかったぜ|
|KO'd by Yuki (any)||▶️||Guh, l-let me fight you one more time...!||ぐっ、も、もう一回勝負…っ|
|Vs. Aru (any) (attacking)||▶️||Ah, it's Santa! Red, Blue, we'll catch her!||あ、サンタだ！ アカ、アオ！捕まえるよ！|
|Vs. Aru (any) (defending)||▶️||Whoa, Santa?!||おおっ サンタ！？|
|Defeat Aru (any)||▶️||Now, give me gifts! A bunch of them!||さー、プレゼントを貰おうか！いっぱい！|
|KO'd by Aru (any)||▶️||You're a horrible Santa, hurting me like this!||サンタのくせに暴力振るうなんてサイテーだぞー！|
|Vs. Kae (attacking)||▶️||You look hyperactive!||熱そうなヤツだ！|
|Vs. Kae (defending)||▶️||I bet there's gonna be a furious fight!||こいつは熱いバトルになりそうだぜ！|
|Defeat Kae||▶️||It was one hella furious battle!||熱いバトルだった！|
|KO'd by Kae||▶️||Ugh, you're quite good...||くっ、なかなかやるじゃん…|
|Vs. Kai (attacking)||▶️||I'll take you down and be the new protagonist!||主役の座、私が貰う！|
|Vs. Kai (defending)||▶️||Look who's here. Our nondescript protagonist!||お、地味な主役の人だ！|
|Defeat Kai||▶️||Starting today, I am the protagonist!||今日から私が主役な！|
|KO'd by Kai||▶️||Ugh, how dare you, you nondescript dude...!||くっ、地味なくせに…っ|
|Draw Red & Blue||▶️||Red, Blue!||アカ、アオ！|
|True White Christsmasher||▶️||This is the all-out version of White Christsmasher!!||これが超絶本気のホワイトクリスマッシャーだ！！|
|Opening the game||▶️||Orange_Juice and Fruitbat Factory.||オレンジジュースアンドフルーツバットファクトリー|
|Title screen||▶️||100% Orange Juice!||100％おれんじじゅ～すっ！|
|Start of player 1 turn||▶️||Player 1.||プレイヤーワン|
|Start of player 2 turn||▶️||Player 2.||プレイヤーツー|
|Start of player 3 turn||▶️||Player 3.||プレイヤースリー|
|Start of player 4 turn||▶️||Player 4.||プレイヤーフォー|
|Starting a battle||▶️||Battle.||バトル|
|Winning a battle||▶️||Win.||ウィン|
|Triggering a bonus panel||▶️||Bonus.||ボーナス|
|Triggering a drop panel||▶️||Drop.||ドロップ|
|Triggering a draw panel||▶️||Card draw.||カードドロー|
|Triggering warp panel||▶️||Warp.||ワープ|
|Triggering a move panel||▶️||Move.||ムーブ|
|Triggering warp move panel||▶️||Warp move.||ワープムーブ|
|Triggering a trap||▶️||Trap triggered.||トラップ発動|
|Skipping a turn||▶️||Skip.||スキップ|
|Triggering a norma check without meeting the requirements||▶️||Norma check.||ノルマチェック|
|Reaching level 2||▶️||Norma level 1 achieved.||ノルマレベルワン達成|
|Reaching level 3||▶️||Norma level 2 achieved.||ノルマレベルツー達成|
|Reaching level 4||▶️||Norma level 3 achieved.||ノルマレベルスリー達成|
|Reaching level 5||▶️||Norma level 4 achieved.||ノルマレベルフォー達成|
|Winning the game||▶️||Final norma achieved!||最終ノルマ達成！|
|Attempting to connect to a lobby||▶️||Connecting.||コネクティング|
|Successfully connecting to a lobby||▶️||Connected.||コネクティド|
|Failing to connect to a lobby||▶️||Failed.||フェイルド|
|Another player joins the lobby||▶️||Player joined.||プレイヤージョインド|
|Another player leaves the lobby||▶️||Player left.||プレイヤーレフト|
- Mei appears in the artwork for and is quoted in the descriptions of , , , and .
- Red and Blue appear in the artwork for and are quoted in the descriptions of and . They also appear in the artwork for and , and Red appears in the artwork for .
- Mei and Red & Blue use their designs from the game Xmas Shooting - Scramble!!, rather than their designs from QP Shooting or Christmas Shooting. Mei used to have twintails and a hoodie in QP Shooting and long hair with winter gear in Christmas Shooting while Red & Blue used to be more round and plump.
- Their first appearance was as the boss of the first stage of QP Shooting. They also are the only characters other than to appear in both QP Shooting and Christmas Shooting.
- Red & Blue also appeared in Acceleration of SUGURI X-Edition, fighting alongside .
- Mei is 13 years old in Xmas Shooting - Scramble!!
- Red & Blue are both 2 years old in Xmas Shooting - Scramble!!
Update History[edit source]