Tomomo is a combat-ready character that when in her un-softened form has the highest overall character stats in the game. While similar toand , Tomomo features the drawback of an increased recovery stat like and other bosses. As to be expected from a final boss, Tomomo features one of the most powerful attack stats providing her with a massive combat advantage. Tomomo's only true weakness lies in her increased recovery stat and less than powerful hyper which can effectively slow her down.
As a result of her extremely high stats and lack of any weakness in Campaign mode, Tomomo has "Softened" passive ability in multiplayer that reduces her stats for balance. While Tomomo retains her attack advantage, her +1 evasion is reduced to 0, and her health stat is reduced from 6 to 4. This greatly reduces Tomomo's survivability, as although she has the advantage of having no decreased evade or defense stat, unlike Yuki, her reduced health makes her much more fragile if she rolls poorly, which creates a bad combination with her increased recovery stat.
In her un-softened state, Tomomo is the absolute strongest character in the game boasting one of the highest attack stats, above average evasion, and a health stat that rivals most high-health characters. With no weaknesses, Tomomo can play for either stars or wins without much fear of being KO'd except by poor player rolls or powerful opponent attacks. If the player chooses to use Tomomo in a campaign or in a single player game, she will retain her un-softened stats.
Unlock Info[edit source]
- The character can be purchased in the shop for 1500 (1050 with 30% off) after beating Tomomo Hell.
- Automatically unlocked if DLC 16 is owned.
- Can be obtained randomly from a character crate for 100Oranges.
- +Highest stats in the game when not in multiplayer
- +No EVD or DEF stat drawbacks
- -Much more fragile in Multiplayer due to passive
- -Very situational and expensive Hyper
- -Increased REC stat makes combat more risky
Tomomo's hyper is Magical Massacre which KO's all units that have full health (this includes Tomomo if she's at full health) and subtracts 1 from Tomomo's revive stat for the next revive roll per the number of KO'd units.
Magical Massacre is a lackluster Hyper card that is difficult to use effectively, and designed more to buffer Tomomo's powerful stats. The card itself is very expensive at 40 stars, and requires level 4 Norma. As a result, the Hyper is unfortunately quite difficult to use unless Tomomo, is playing against tank characters, as many players will likely be in combat in the late-game. Problematically, the high level requirement is also the same level that a boss is spawned to the map. Which makes it even more unlikely that the opponent will be at full health. The Hyper also does not really cause anything to happen, as it only slows the enemy down through KO, and does not reward stars or wins which makes the high price even worse.
The Hyper is not without its uses however. If the player is lucky enough to KO all opponents with the card, Tomomo's next revive roll will be as low asPerhaps the best aspect to the Hyper, however, is that its effect KOs the opponent rather than dealing damage. This guarantees that the opponent will be KO'd, which means the effect will counter through the health increase of , enabling her to have a much higher chance of reviving instantly. Unsurprisingly, the Hyper can also be used as a last effort to delay an opponent from reaching their home panel. The high price of the Hyper can also be curbed through the use of . and still KO the opponent, even if they are using .
- Playing As Tomomo
- can be a very useful card as it can supply Tomomo with stronger Hyper cards from other players. Under the right circumstances, the card can make Tomomo a much deadlier and unpredictable opponent.
- Cards like can be extremely useful for characters with an increased stat like Tomomo. The card will enable her to get past her main weakness of increased recovery time.
- can also be very helpful for Tomomo as the card takes away the opponent's main source of power, their Hyper Cards.
- Playing Against Tomomo
- Defensive cards like are very effective against Tomomo, as the card with both block Tomomo's attack, and damage her already low health.
- The card can be brutal against Tomomo, as it can stop her from achieving Win Norma and increases her risk of taking damage each turn.
Recommended Cards[edit source]
Counter Cards[edit source]
- Tomomo appears in the artwork for , , and .
- Tomomo is quoted in the descriptions of , , , and .
- Tomomo is one of three original characters (along with 100% Orange Juice!. & ) who debuted in
- Tomomo is one of the six Sweet Gods, alongside , , , and . Her moniker is .
- Tomomo has trouble meeting people and, as a result, created the s and to make herself look better. She later confesses to cheating in the final battle against her.
- Tomomo purposely had Poppo steal items from the main cast in order to lead them to her.
- As the result of having intentionally overpowered stats, there was originally an option to disallow Tomomo from multiplayer lobbies. In Version 1.7.7, this was replaced with the Softened passive for Tomomo, which only applies in multiplayer.
Update History[edit source]