Lose 1/4 stars and give 1 Win when KO'd in battle.
Sporting a lower recovery stat, lower HP pool, and lower defensive options, Seagull is an overall tricky character to play as. As such the best way to play Seagull is to be far away from others. Much like an actual seagull, Jonathan must wait for an opportune time to attack.
With only a +1 to attack, Seagull is not meant for wins. Rather it is best to gather stars and draw cards until one manages to get their hyper. Seagull's hyper,, is its strongest tool and as such the game should be played around obtaining this hyper and waiting for a player with a lot of stars to enter a low health threshold.
Luckily, Jonathan's passive is perfect for this play style, as players attempting to steal your stars only get a measly 1/4 of your stars allowing Seagull to make a getaway without losing too much from retaliation.
It is recommended to bring a few battle cards such asin order to help secure a strategic kill. This is imperative as many characters like have a high evasion stat.
Owing to its minuscule health pool and terrible defensive stats, Encounter and Boss panels should be avoided at all cost. Especially the latter as an encounter with the boss is almost certain death.
Unlock Info[edit source]
- The character can be purchased in the shop for 6500 (4550 with 30% off) after reaching level 25.
- + Low recovery
- + Positive attack stat
- + Strong hyper
- + Passive helps cover for Cons
- - Bad health stat
- - Bad defensive options
- - Hyper reliant
Seagull's Hyper is Jonathan Rush. When used the player may choose any non-KO'd character and move to their tile to attack them. The defending character gains -1 Defense for the duration of the battle. The player's turn ends after the battle, meaning the player will not activate the panel they have landed on.
Strategy[edit source]Jonathan Rush allows the player to attack any player regardless of how far away they may be. As a result, a viable usage of this card is to pick off enemies with low HP. It is advised to combo this card with another attack-boosting card if dealing with characters with a high evade stat. Another use of this card is to move to a more advantageous position on the board, such as near the player's home.
- Playing As Seagull
- Seagull best played as an opportunist rather than a bully. Even the meekest characters are capable of deadly retaliation if they survive due to Seagull's bad defense, evasion, and health pool.
- Johnathan Rush reduces the victim's defense by 1. Use this to your advantage, especially when in a desperate situation.
- Jonathan Rush combos extremely well with any offensive battle card, such as or even .
- Cards that cause multiple battle phases, like , may backfire, as giving an opponent the ability to counter attack multiple times will usually result in death.
- If planning on using expensive battle cards to secure kills, may be worth while. It greatly reduces their cost and allows for Johnathan Rush to be played in the same turn for much cheaper.
- is downright required, as Seagull's best game plan is to kill steal and Jonathan Rush enables this.
- is a double edged sword. It does allow Seagull to catch up to weak enemies, but also allows other players like to catch up to Seagull. Offensive characters like can take advantage of this to score easy wins off of Seagull.
- Playing Against Seagull
- Due to Seagull's passive, is often the best way to take stars from him.
- Seagull's weak defensive stats make it susceptible to bullying. Offensive characters such as or can take advantage of this.
- will ruin a Jonathan's day. Not only does it counter Johnathan Rush, but it also causes it to lose half of its stars.
- and are also good counters to Jonathan Rush.
Recommended Cards[edit source]
Counter Cards[edit source]
- Seagull appears in the artwork for and is quoted in the descriptions of and . It also appears in the artwork for .
- Seagulls are completely docile in Flying Red Barrel unless shot at first, which causes them come back and attack.
- A Seagull is named Jonathan in Kai's campaign, as well as in 200% Mixed Juice!.
Update History[edit source]