- When challenging an enemy, Iru will attack second if no other effects affect turn order.
- When challenging an enemy, if Iru goes second, the enemy takes 1 damage before the battle begins. KO from this effect counts as battle KO.
Armed with a powerful photon rifle and spunky personality, Iru is a character with a powerful kit of tools at her disposal. Iru features an above-average health stat of 5 to compensate for a slightly reduced defense stat, and a has a neutral recovery and evasion stat. Her most notable aspect, however, is her powerful passive ability which is similar to a fusion ofand ’s passive. When instigating a battle, Iru automatically deals a single point of damage at the battle’s start and then becomes the defender during the remainder of the battle. More notably, however, the passive enables Iru to essentially “snipe” characters at 1 hp and receive the rewards of a usual battle victory with zero risk or effort. Even if not for an immediate opponent KO, the effect can be extremely beneficial against low hp opponents as a guaranteed point of damage can be the difference between a KO or not. The passive damage can also be used relentlessly against tankish characters to chip away at their large health pool at double the speed. Likewise, boards with the effect can be very useful in providing a constant flow of low HP opponents for Iru.
Iru has two key disadvantages; the first being that she is “too good” at one particular thing. Iru is excellent at sniping opponents at 1 HP, however, this means her key source of free victories is sought after by every other player on the map. Whether the player can get Iru to the 1 HP opponent before the other players is dependent on many factors. Bully characters that KO quickly and in particular, who directly feeds on the same type of opponents as Iru, can make a supply of low-health enemies difficult to come by. The second and more obvious weakness is that Iru will almost always attack second, with only a few exceptions. This can be a blessing or a curse if the player has defensive cards, however, the 1 damage dealt by Iru’s passive may not be worth the beatdown she might receive in return for attacking an opponent. While her decent health pool does help compensate for the risk of severe damage, her -1 defense only makes it more difficult to survive.
Passive Interactions[edit source]
Iru will always go second when challenging an enemy unless another effect changes the turn order. Effects that can allow Iru to move first include Attacker role will not override Iru's passive. Even if she initiates battle, Iru will only deal 1 automatic damage if she goes second, meaning the extra damage will not happen if any of these effects cause her to move first.and panels, , , the co-op version of , and 's passive. However, the Advantage passive from playing as the
Unlock Info[edit source]
- Automatically unlocked if DLC 20 is owned.
- +Powerful passive ability
- +No Hyper reliance
- +Benefits from
- -Unreliable Hyper
- -Almost always attacks second, yielding a disadvantage in combat
Extended Photon Rifle: Deal 1 damage to another random unit. If KO'd, gain 1 win. Repeat as many times as your current level.
Iru is non-direct combat wins focused character. Her hyper compliments this playstyle greatly, and is the easiest way for Iru to cement a victory through Win Normas.
Similar to x16 Big Rocket, Extended Photon Rifle gets more powerful the longer the game persists, but it's cost also grows along with it. Basically, playing this card will deal damage equal to your level to all other players, spread out among them. Theoretically, it is possible to hit one unit for five damage at Level 5, but damage isn't what you're looking for; it's KOs. Whereas Marc's hyper can only ever net 2 Wins per use, EPR is able to get three when played at the right times, and at half the cost per level. Its greater KO rate and lower cost is offset by the pure rng of its effect, making playing it effectively a waiting game, usually making the player wait until all three opponents have less than 6 HP between them to be played effectively.
Because of it's scaled cost, playing this card when going for Stars Normas becomes less and less rewarding with each Level. But even at Level 5 Stars Norma, it isn't without its benefits in the proper situations. If a weak, or weakened, opponent is in front of you, you can play EPR to shave their HP down, even if it's just a little, to more easily kill them in direct combat and steal their stars. This is where Iru's passive effect really comes into its own as a form of strategic gameplay. Bringing back the Big Rocket comparison, a Marc at Level 5 can only ever deal a solid five damage to one unit for the cost of 50 stars, which KOs most of the cast from full health with scarce few exceptions. EPR spreads that damage across three opponents at a fraction of the cost, making kills from full health all but impossible for a large portion of the cast, and if anyone is left with one health, the kill is guaranteed.EPR can also be used to discourage opponents like Star Breaker or Yuki from attacking by cutting their HP down before they even reach you.
- Playing As Iru
Iru's main strength comes her ability to gain wins without actually having to fight, either through her passive effect or through the use of. As such, going for wins is recommended, but a hybrid-norma game shouldn't be disregarded should one have trouble maintaining wins.
- Focus on landing on and panels in order to secure Hypers and early wins.
- Attempt to challenge opponents with lowered health or poor defensive stats. Always challenge anyone at 1 HP, regardless of chosen playstyle or current Norma type.
- Bullies and bruisers should be avoided if possible, as Iru's stats are well below average. Don't let them challenge you and, unless they're at 1 HP, don't challenge them; you're going to die.
- Cards like and , that passively deal damage to players, compliment Iru's passive and Hyper.
- Any cards that raise Iru's poor defensive stats will always be helpful in reversing a bad situation.
- and are your best friends. Use or to offset the cost if going for Star Normas.
- Iru benefits from the event more than any other member of the cast; all it does is provide her with more easily breakable targets.
- Because of her passive effect, and can both be used as quite literal hit and run tactics to get free hits in on any character, with the latter having the potential to KO much easier than normal. (Note: Be advised that this will not work against due to the nature of Iru's passive.)
- may help her constantly snipe opponents for a longer period of time. it could also synergize well with her Hyper. The downside that it's a high-risk high-reward by doing so.
- Playing Against Iru
Iru's low stats make her a perfect target for any character that has at least +0 attack. Bully her into submission and try to avoid situations in which she can come out on top.
- Aggressive characters should challenge Iru at every given opportunity. Passive characters with decent stats should challenge her depending on the situation.
- Bringing cards like or , or other such cards that can force Iru to discard, can put her at a huge disadvantage in the late game.
- Likewise, any cards that heal the player or other opponents can prevent Iru from using Extended Photon Rifle to its maximum effect.
- Counter Picks:
- gets a stat boost at 1 HP, which is what an Iru will typically try to keep her at. Players can use this to their advantage to try and KO other players, or even Iru herself, before getting killed or hit with Extended Photon Rifle.
- , like with so many other characters whose playstyles revolve around dealing damage, is a reasonable counter to Iru, as will negate the effects of her both passive and Hyper, as well as cards like and . However, without Miusaki's hyper active, Iru has an easier time of breaking through her defenses than other characters do, making Miusaki a potentially risky pick without her hyper in hand.
- Most, if not all, bully characters - , , , etc.
- can take advantage of Iru's passive by playing to dissuade her from initiating combat.
Recommended Cards[edit source]
Counter Cards[edit source]
|Tomboy||Play 10 games as Iru.|
|Heavy Duty||As Iru, KO 5 enemies in one game using.|
|Strike Force One||As Iru, KO an enemy who has 1 HP after challenging them to battle while at 1 HP.|
Voice Lines[edit source]
|▶️||Be a good roll.||たのむよー|
|▶️||Give me a good number.||いい目出てよね|
|Using a Card||▶️||I'll play a card!||カードだ！|
|▶️||This is where I'll use this!||ここで使うよ！|
|▶️||All right, I'll go with this one.||よーし、こいつだ|
|▶️||Ehehe, here I come.||えへへ、いっくよー|
|Placing Trap||▶️||A trap!||トラップ！|
|▶️||This is totally my thing, too.||こういうのも得意なんだよねー|
|▶️||Let's see if someone'll fall for it.||さーて、かかってくれるかなっと|
|▶️||Mhfuu, this is a good trap.||むふー、良いトラップ|
|Using Battle Card||▶️||To make doubly sure!||ダメ押しだ！|
|▶️||I'll upgrade myself.||パワーアップするよ|
|▶️||A battle card.||バトルカードだ|
|▶️||I'll destroy you.||勝ちに行くよ|
|Extended Photon Rifle||▶️||Take this!||こいつを喰らえ！！|
|Reviving||▶️||Phew, I'd better be more careful.||ふう、気をつけないとね|
|▶️||All right, I can move now.||よーし、もう動けるぞ|
|▶️||I'm gonna turn the tide now!||こっから逆転だ！|
|▶️||The game isn't over yet.||まだまだ勝負はここからだよ|
|Revive Failed||▶️||I messed up...||だめかぁ|
|▶️||Still no good? Dang it.||まだかーくそー|
|▶️||I guess I'll take some more rest.||もうちょっと休憩かな|
|(Attack)/Snowball Attack||▶️||I'll shoot through you!||撃ち抜く！|
|▶️||I'll hit you.||当てるよ|
|▶️||How dare you?!||やったな|
|▶️||Phew, I feel alive again.||ふぅー、生き返るー|
|▶️||Wow, I'm getting better.||わっ、元気が出てきた|
|▶️||All right, I can still win this!||よーし、こっからだ！|
|KO'd in Field||▶️||Let me get some rest.||ちょっと休ませて|
|▶️||Ugh, I can't stand up.||うー、立てないや|
|▶️||I screwed up...||しくじった…|
|Battle (Attacker)||▶️||Let's battle!||バトルしようよ！|
|▶️||I'll put up a fight for you!||仕掛けていくよ！|
|▶️||Now, let's fight.||さ、やりあおうよ|
|▶️||It's battle time!||バトルだ！|
|Battle (Defender)||▶️||Oh, sure, absolutely!||お、いいよー やろうやろう|
|▶️||Hehe, all right! Bring it on!||ふふん、いいよ！ かかってこい！|
|▶️||You're raring to go, huh.||やる気だねぇ|
|▶️||I won't lose!||負けないからね！|
|▶️||Stay put, okay?||動かないでよー？|
|Heavy Damage||▶️||That hurts!||あいてー！！|
|▶️||This isn't funny!||洒落になってないよっ|
|▶️||That was intense!||キツイなこれっ|
|Evading||▶️||You can't hit me!||当たらないよ！|
|▶️||Talk about slow.||ぬるいぬるい|
|▶️||Ahaha, where were you aiming?||あははっ、どこ狙ってるのさ|
|Winning in Battle||▶️||Easy peasy!||ま、らくしょー！|
|▶️||I did it.||やったね|
|▶️||That was fun. Let's do this again sometime.||楽しかったよ、またやろう|
|KO'd in Battle/Losing Game||▶️||Man, you got me...||わー、やられちゃった…|
|▶️||You're strong. I'm impressed.||強いね、すごいや|
|▶️||Uuu, I can't believe I lost.||うー、負けちゃうなんて|
|▶️||Boy, I can't move anymore.||はー、もう動けない|
|Bonus Panel||▶️||I got stars!||スターゲット！|
|▶️||So, I can get stars like this, huh.||スターが貰えるんだね|
|Drop Panel||▶️||That was a flop!||やらかした！|
|▶️||I dropped stars!?||スターが落っこちた！？|
|▶️||Wait, wait up!||まってまって！|
|Stepping on Trap||▶️||A trap!?||トラップか！|
|▶️||I fell for it!||引っかかっちゃった！|
|Boss Panel||▶️||Whoa, a boss appeared!||わ、ボスが出てきた！|
|▶️||Here's a strong-looking one.||強そうなのが出てきた|
|▶️||I should keep my guard up when I get closer.||迂闊に近づくと危なそうだね|
|▶️||I can tell... that guy's strong.||あいつは…強いよ|
|Star Norma||▶️||Mhm, I feel like going for stars.||うーん、スター集めよっか|
|▶️||I'll win in stars and win this game!||スターで勝利を目指そう|
|▶️||Gather stars? Okay!||スター集めるの？まかせて！|
|▶️||Stars look adorable, don't they?||スターって、なんか可愛いよね|
|Wins Norma||▶️||I'll battle a lot!||バトルしていくよー！|
|▶️||I choose to fight!||やっぱ戦わなきゃ、ね！|
|▶️||Fighting's just my cup of tea.||私は戦う方が得意だな|
|Selecting Character||▶️||Hi there, I'm Iru.||イルだよ、よろしく|
|▶️||Me? Sure, why not? Let's go!||私？うん、いいよ！行こう！|
|▶️||All right, let's get down to it!||さーて、気合入れてがんばろー！|
|▶️||Count on me!||私にまかせて！|
|Starting Game||▶️||All right, I'll give this my best shot!||よし、頑張るぞ！|
|▶️||I'll win this match.||勝つのは私だよ|
|▶️||All right, let's have some fun around here.||さー楽しもっか|
|▶️||I'm going to take down everyone.||みんなやっつけちゃうよー|
|Winning Game||▶️||That was so much fun. One more round!||楽しかったね、もう一回やろ！|
|▶️||Yay! I won out!||いぇい！私の勝ち！|
|▶️||I won! I won!||勝った勝った！|
|▶️||I won... and it's no surprise.||ふっ、当然の勝利…だね|
|Item Drop/Crate Drop||▶️||Good for you! You got something new!||やった、新しいのが出たよ！|
|▶️||You got something good? I'm happy for you!||いいの出た？ 良かったね！|
|▶️||Did you get what you wanted?||欲しかったの出た？|
|▶️||You got someting good!||良いもの出たね！|
|Whack a Poppo/Track the Card||▶️||Okay!||オッケー！|
|Whack a Poppo||▶️||Yeah.||うん|
|Whack a Tomomo/Alte||▶️||No.||ちがうよ|
|Star Treasure||▶️||Looking good!||いい感じ！|
|Battle Prize/Supporter Revive||▶️||Come on, let's go!||さ、行こう！|
|▶️||Here we go!||行こっか！|
|Greeting (Home Screen/Joining Lobby)||▶️||Yah!||や！|
|Miss Prize/Track the Card||▶️||Mhm...||んーん…|
|▶️||Oh, that's cool!||お、いいじゃん！|
|Hyper Treasure/Good Prize||▶️||That's awesome, really!||すっごいね！すごいよ！|
|Miss Match/Bad Prize (Match 2)||▶️||What... You've got to be kidding me...||ええ…うそでしょ…|
|Using Other Hyper||▶️||I'll use this card.||カード、使わせてもらうよ|
|▶️||Hehe, I wanted to play this one.||へへ、これ使ってみたかったんだ|
|▶️||I wonder what this one does.||どんな効果なのかな|
|▶️||Not sure what'll happen, but I'll use this anyway.||どうなるかわかんないけど、使ってみるかな|
|Unique Interaction Lines|
|Vs. Saki (attacking)||▶️||Saki, we should battle once in a while!||サキ、たまには手合わせ願おう！|
|Vs. Saki (defending)||▶️||Oh, you up for a fight? You're gonna make me some sweets if I win, okay?||お、やる気？ 私が勝ったらおやつ作ってもらうからね|
|Defeat Saki||▶️||All right, you're gonna make me some cake today.||へへーん、それじゃ今日のおやつはケーキでよろしく|
|KO'd by Saki||▶️||Ehehe, you're strong.||えへへ、やるじゃん|
|Vs. Nath (attacking)||▶️||Hey, let me take a look at what you're equipped with!||ねぇねぇ、その装備ちょっと見せてよー|
|Vs. Nath (defending)||▶️||Wow, that's one cool mecha you got there!||わ、かっこいいメカ！|
|Defeat Nath||▶️||That was one good fight! We should fight again!||すごかった！ また戦おうね！|
|KO'd by Nath||▶️||Your equipment's incredible... I have no regrets losing.||す、すごい装備… 負けて悔いなしだよ…|
|Vs. Marc/Peat/Fernet/Sherry/Islay/Tequila/Pirate Minion (attacking)||▶️||Wow, your aircraft's old-fashioned, but looks real nice!||わ、レトロだけどいい味出てる！|
|Vs. Marc/Peat/Fernet/Sherry/Islay/Tequila/Pirate Minion (defending)||▶️||Is that an aircraft? Wow, it's badass.||飛行機？ わー、かっこいいなー|
|Defeat Marc/Peat/Fernet/Sherry/Islay/Tequila/Pirate Minion||▶️||Give me a ride in your aircraft later, okay?||今度飛行機に乗せてよね！|
|KO'd by Marc/Peat/Fernet/Sherry/Islay/Tequila/Pirate Minion||▶️||I wasn't taking your old-fashioned plane lightly... but you're better than I thought.||レトロだって舐めてたわけじゃないけど… すごいね|
|Vs. Kyousuke (attacking)||▶️||Hey, Kyoko... Wait, who are you!?||おーい、キョウコ… 誰！？|
|Vs. Kyousuke (defending)||▶️||What!? Kyoko... No, it's not her!||え！？ キョウコ…じゃない！！|
|Defeat Kyousuke||▶️||Boy, who was this guy?||わー、なんだったんだろこの人|
|KO'd by Kyousuke||▶️||Uu... So, who are you?||うー…結局キミ誰なの…|
|Vs. Shifu Robot (attacking)||▶️||Whoa, is it okay to fight it? I think it is!||わ、戦っていいのかな？ いいよね！|
|Vs. Shifu Robot (defending)||▶️||Huh? Do I have to fight this thing!?||ええっ、これと戦うの！？|
|Defeat Shifu Robot||▶️||I-I won! All right!||か…勝っちゃった！ わーい！|
|KO'd by Shifu Robot||▶️||Uu, it's unfair to bring out a giant robot against me...||うー、巨大ロボはずるいよぅ|
Iru in Acceleration of SUGURI 2
- Iru appears in the artwork for and is quoted in the descriptions of and .
- Iru received a redesign from her original, SUGURI, outfit in 2018. She previously wore orange cargo shorts and two sleeveless shirts. Her last appearance in her classic outfit was in Acceleration of SUGURI 2.
- Her new design was originally revealed by Hono on Twitter on March 13th, 2018, roughly one year before her release.
- She doesn't like being mistaken for a boy because of her body shape and personality.
Update History[edit source]
- Hono's Twitter
- Acceleration of SUGURI 2 - Characters & Techniques Manual