Like her passive and bossy persona, Fernet is a tank character centered around a colossal health stat of 6 and a greatly buffed defense stat. Of the positive stats she posses, Fernet brags a defense stat only matched byand (and only surpassed by ) but has the added bonus of more health than either of the others. As a result, Fernet can shrug off most combat damage with relative ease and handle a maximum of 5 combats before she will be KO'd, if the rolls are high. Bully characters such as will suffer the most against Fernet, as even the strongest of attacks will usually fail to KO her. Fernet will always roll at least a 3 for defense and a maximum of 8, enabling her to survive Hypers like and which would often result in a guaranteed a KO for the opponent. The player can also enjoy a lack of fear when approaching panels in the late game, as the boss will more than likely be unable to KO Fernet either.
Like most tanks, Fernet suffers from a few key weaknesses that prevent her from being unbeatable. With a debuffed attack stat and a heavily reduced evasion stat, being a defensive damage sponge is almost all Fernet can do against an opponent. Fernet frequently struggles to hit an evading target, cannot deal much retaliatory damage, and will often have difficulty trying to finish off an opponent with 1 health point left. Further, without the ability to evade well, she will assuredly be KO'd after 5 combats without healing cards. The player will also be at risk frompanels, which can quickly chip away at her large pool of health. As a result, Fernet is at a notable disadvantage against the and field event. Even a measly 1 attack can often slip through Fernet's -2 evade stat, as she only has a 50% chance of dodging it. However this is still a better chance than similar tank who cannot evade, and thus the ability to evade itself can still be considered a slight advantage. Fernet also does not have a very good Hyper card to help her in the late game, with healing cards and panel healing being her only true aid once the opponents can deal more damage.
As to be expected, Fernet should always go for star norma unless bizarre circumstances result in her having many wins. While it is not an impossibility, it is very unlikely for the player to get wins with her. Fernet generally has an extremely easy time collecting stars without the risk of losing them thanks to her stats, and opponents often ignore her in the early game until they can attempt to KO her in the late game. The player should always focus on and panels to ensure more stars for norma, and an appropriate supply of cards to heal and protect Fernet in the late game.
Unlock Info[edit source]
- The character can be purchased in the shop for 800 (560 with 30% off) after beating Suguri Episode 4 or Marc Episode 2, and then playing 3 games.
- Automatically unlocked if DLC 14 is owned.
- Can be obtained randomly from a character crate for 100Oranges.
- +Excellent survivability
- +Can disrupt combat oriented opponents
- +Plays at her own pace (Passive playstyle)
- -Poor combat ability: will eventually be whittled down
- -Hyper has limited viability
- -Card reliant to stay alive
- -Relatively unable to rebound from difficult scenarios or reclaim stolen stars
Fernet's Hyper is Air Strike. Air Strike deals between 1-3 random damage to all living targets on the board other than Fernet, granting 15 stars per KO.
Airstrike would be an effective hyper if Fernet could prey on her weakened opponents. At a cost of 30 stars, the hyper itself is fairly costly considering its limited benefits. Without a star cost reduction, the returns are minimal: KOing one unit will result in a net star loss of 15 stars, KOing two units will result in net zero cost, and KOing all three opponent units will result in a gain of 15 stars. As a result, Air Strike only performs well in the rare occasion that all of Fernet's opponents are weak and that she is lucky enough to deal the necessary damage on all of them. Unfortunately, unlikeThe Hyper does have other uses, however. If not for KOing, Air Strike can be useful for weakening all opponents, especially when they have a high amount of stars, and puts most characters at risk of losing their stars in combat, especially on a map with a 's Hyper, , KOing a target with Air Strike doesn't grant any wins either. field event. Another effective use for the Hyper is under particular circumstances: If Fernet is far in the lead with stars, and an opponent is trying to KO another opponent to steal stars to close the score gap, the Hyper can be used to purposely KO the pursued opponent to prevent the pursuing opponent from tying the score with Fernet.
- Playing As Fernet
- Health-oriented cards such as , are essential to Fernet's success as they enable her to survive longer against enemy attacks.
- Attack-based battle cards are not advised as, while they can benefit Fernet, they will likely help the opponent more if they draw the card. Defensive cards such as and are advisable, however, the former costs fewer stars, and given Fernet's already high defense stat, can be argued as a better choice. Similarly, might be a good option, but can only really be useful if the player is hanging on to their life by a thread, or if they expect to take massive damage.
- If the player chooses to use then should always be used to lower the cost.
- Rather than using Fernet's hyper, it is highly suggestible that the player instead bring . Many hypers are superior to her own and her own hyper is generally not that appealing to other opponents. If the player is lucky enough to face the right opponent, they have the potential to get much stronger hypers such as , , and perhaps best of all (the latter of which will render the player near indestructible and gain them mass amounts of stars).
- Given the weakness of Fernet's hyper, is generally not advised as it is likely to aid the opponent more than the player.
- Playing Against Fernet
- Using cards that cause Fernet to take damage or fight such as or are effective, as Fernet is ineffective in battle and her health is crucial to her success.
- In general, traps are a great way to damage Fernet or mess with her success. The player can chip away at her health with cards like and , rob her of stars with or , or deny her Norma by using .
- While potentially hazardous with , and are some of the best counters against Fernet as they strip away her health, leaving her vulnerable to any attack.
Recommended Cards[edit source]
Counter Cards[edit source]
Voice Lines[edit source]
|▶️||There we go.||それっ|
|Using a Card||▶️||I'll be using a card.||カードを使うわ|
|▶️||I'll go with this card.||このカードで|
|Placing Trap||▶️||I'm setting this down.||セットするわ|
|▶️||Should I put this here?||置けばいいのね？|
|▶️||I'm laying down a card.||カードを伏せるわ|
|▶️||I hope this catches someone.||引っかかればいいのよ|
|Using Battle Card||▶️||Then I'll go with this card.||ではこのカード|
|▶️||My trump card.||奥の手よ|
|▶️||I have this.||これがあるのよ|
|Air Strike||▶️||Hmph, fall before me.||ふんっ、落としてしまいなさい|
|Reviving||▶️||Allow me to resume.||再開させてもらうわ|
|▶️||I hate waiting.||待つのは嫌いよ|
|Revive Failed||▶️||These things happen.||こんなこともあるわ|
|▶️||No big deal.||なんてことないわ|
|▶️||I don't care.||かまわなくてよ|
|(Attack)/Snowball Attack||▶️||Eat this.||くらいなさい|
|▶️||This is going to hurt!||痛いわよ！|
|▶️||How dare you!||やったわね！|
|Healing||▶️||What a relief.||人心地ね|
|Warping||▶️||What? What's going on?||なに？ なんなの？|
|▶️||Ah... H-hold on!||あ…ちょ、ちょっと！|
|▶️||W-where are you taking me?||ど、ど、どこへ連れていく気？|
|▶️||Escort me properly!||ちゃんとエスコートなさい！|
|KO'd in Field||▶️||No way.||そんなっ|
|▶️||I was negligent.||不覚だわ|
|▶️||What are you doing?!||何するのよ！|
|Battle (Attacker)||▶️||Prepare yourself.||覚悟なさい|
|▶️||You're in the way.||あなた邪魔よ|
|▶️||Out of the way.||おどきなさい|
|Battle (Defender)||▶️||I won't show mercy.||容赦しないわよ|
|▶️||You've got some nerve.||いい度胸ね|
|▶️||I'll make you regret this.||後悔させてあげるわ|
|Attacking||▶️||Fall before me!||落ちなさい！|
|▶️||Here I go!||いきますわ！|
|▶️||I'm not done yet.||まだよ|
|Heavy Damage||▶️||Cut it out!||やめなさい！|
|Evading||▶️||Not good enough.||甘いわね|
|▶️||You've got a ways to go.||まだまだよ|
|▶️||Is that all you've got?||その程度？|
|▶️||Oh, how simple.||あら簡単|
|Winning in Battle||▶️||Naturally.||当然ね|
|▶️||Oh, it's over?||あら、おしまい？|
|▶️||Do come again.||出直してらっしゃい|
|KO'd in Battle/Losing Game||▶️||You'll pay for this.||覚えてなさい|
|▶️||This... doesn't bother me.||くや…しくないわ|
|▶️||How dare you.||よくもやったわね|
|Bonus Panel||▶️||I'll take these.||もらっておくわ|
|▶️||Well, not bad.||まあ、悪くはないわね|
|▶️||Just what I was waiting for.||せっかくですものね|
|Drop Panel||▶️||Just a trifle.||些事（さじ）ね|
|▶️||What? That much?||なによこれくらい|
|Stepping on Trap||▶️||Oh no!||しまったわ！|
|▶️||What the heck?||何よこれ|
|▶️||Someone set a trap!||誰が置いたの！|
|Boss Panel||▶️||Did you think I would be afraid?||怖気（おじけ）づくとでも思って？|
|▶️||Oh, it seems like something's here.||あら、何か出てきたみたいね|
|▶️||You're not as tough as you look.||見掛け倒しよ|
|Star Norma||▶️||I'll collect stars.||星を集めればいいのね|
|▶️||Well, I'll collect them right away.||ま、すぐに集まるわ|
|▶️||So many is kind of a pain.||あまり多いと面倒ね|
|▶️||It's okay if I steal them, right?||奪い取ってもいいのよね？|
|Wins Norma||▶️||I dislike savagery, but...||野蛮なのは嫌だけど…|
|▶️||It's the same either way.||どちらでもやることは同じね|
|▶️||There's no need to hold back, right?||容赦しなくていいのよね？|
|▶️||Hahaha... this has gotten fun.||ふふふ…楽しくなってきたわ|
|Selecting Character||▶️||A good decision.||いい判断ね|
|Starting Game||▶️||I'm heading out.||参りますわ|
|▶️||Now then, let us begin.||では始めましょう|
|▶️||Oh good grief.||やれやれですわね|
|▶️||Allow me to enjoy this.||楽しませてもらうわ|
|Winning Game||▶️||The obvious outcome.||当然ですわね|
|▶️||This is no big deal.||大したことではありませんわ|
|▶️||Are we done now?||これで終わりかしら？|
|▶️||I-it seems I won...||わ…私の勝ちのようね|
|Item Drop/Crate Drop||▶️||I don't have this yet.||持ってないわね|
|▶️||This is pretty good.||なかなかいいわね|
|▶️||Should I try using it?||使ってみようかしら？|
|▶️||Oh, how splendid.||あら素敵|
|Whack a Poppo/Track the Card||▶️||Understood.||分かったわ|
|Whack a Poppo/Snowball Position||▶️||Yes.||はい|
|Whack a Tomomo/Alte||▶️||No.||いいえ|
|Bad Prize||▶️||What's this?||なんということでしょう|
|Neutral Prize||▶️||What is it?||何かしら？|
|Battle Prize/Supporter Revive||▶️||Let's head out.||参りましょう|
|▶️||How will it go?||どうかしら？|
|Greeting (Home Screen/Joining Lobby)||▶️||Greetings.||ごきげんよう|
|Miss Prize/Track the Card||▶️||Ngh.||むぅ|
|Hyper Treasure/Good Prize||▶️||Amazing!||すごいじゃない！|
|Miss Match/Bad Prize (Match 2)||▶️||Hmph.||ふんっ|
|Using Other Hyper||▶️||Allow me to use this.||使わせてもわうわ|
|▶️||May I use this?||使っていいのよね？|
|▶️||What a card!||なんてカードよ！|
|▶️||This is a pretty good card.||中々いいカードじゃない|
|Unique Interaction Lines|
|Vs. Marc||▶️||Oh, greetings.||あら、御機嫌よう|
|Defeat Marc||▶️||Give up on being a pilot already.||もう飛行士なんて辞めなさい|
|KO'd by Marc||▶️||How dare you!||よくもやったわね！|
|Defeat Hime||▶️||Isn't that dress a bit short?||そのドレス、短くてよ？|
|Defeat Krila||▶️||Stop speaking in such a strange manner.||あなた、妙な言葉遣いはおやめなさい|
|Defeat Nanako/Mimyuu/Tomato/Poppo (any)||▶️||Children should go home.||子供はお家に帰りなさい|
|Vs. Peat||▶️||You plane fanatics are all idiots!||飛行機乗りって、馬鹿ばっかり！|
|Vs. Sherry||▶️||You're a pilot too?||あなたも飛行士…なのですか？|
|Vs. Tomomo (any)||▶️||...Whoa.||…うわ|
|Vs. Cast Off Kyousuke||▶️||How vulgar...||汚らわしい…|
|Vs. NoName||▶️||A pervert has appeared.||あなた変態ね|
|Vs. NoName (Head)||▶️||Ah... I can't see anything.||ああ…なにも見えないわ|
|Use Pudding||▶️||Such a cheap flavor...||安っぽい味ね…|
|KO'd by Chicken/Seagull||▶️||To... lose to a lowly beast!||ケ…ケダモノの分際で！|
|Defeat Roboball||▶️||I want this for my home.||これ家（うち）に欲しいわね|
|Defeat Shifu Robot||▶️||This really was a nuisance.||これはさすがに邪魔ね|
|Vs. Flying Castle||▶️||They made such a stupid thing.||くだらないものを作ったものね|
|Use Flip Out/16x Rocket||▶️||I'm not angry, okay?||怒ってないわよ？|
|Use Cast Off||▶️||What a shameless card!||なんて破廉恥なカード！|
|▶️||I'm borrowing your power!||あなたの力を借りるわ！|
- Fernet appears in the artwork for and is quoted in the descriptions of and . She also appears in the artwork for and .
- Fernet is one of the few Orange_Juice characters known to have parents.
- Fernet appears to be a tsundere, and she seems to show interest toward .
- Fernet and Marc were classmates despite the difference in social class, until Marc presumably dropped out to join the guild in Flying Red Barrel.
Update History[edit source]