A Pirate Crew Member appears as an enemy unit. Gain +1 ATK for every HP lost during a battle. (Effect is not persistent. Effect works based on health lost in each battle and only lasts for that battle.)
Pirate Crew Member
Opponent loses Lvl x10 stars if defeated. The player who summoned this unit gain the stars. Does not appear on panels to the summoner.
Tequila is a unique character that has 2 powerful passive abilities. His first is his ability to cause Pirate Minions to appear through encounter panels. This passive works even if he is KO'ed! Take note that if 2 or more players are using Tequila, Tequila can run into other Pirate Minions from the other Tequila players. His other passive is the ability to gain attack in battle as he loses health. Due to his -3 EVD stat & 5 HP, Tequila can intentionally evade lower attacks to guaranteed he takes damage & deliver a powerful counterattack. Because of his extremely low EVD, he is better suited as a defensive character, rather than an aggressive bully.
While his low EVD is beneficial at full health, it's a death sentence when at 1 HP. Tequila also doesn't fare as well against random encounters & bosses due to his neutral attack & inability to attack second.
Unlock Info[edit source]
- Automatically unlocked if DLC 17 is owned.
- +Less reliant on attack-boosting battle cards than most units
- +Gets an extra +1 ATK when using his signature card Big Magnum
- +Low EVD combined with his passive means he can intentionally evade against survivable attack rolls for a massive attack boost.
- +Summons Pirates who can earn stars for him simply by existing in the game
- +Pirates don't give any stars when defeated, so opponents will get less stars from Encounter panels on average
- -One of the worst REC stats in the game.
- -Almost guaranteed to get KOed at 1 health on defense due to -3 EVD
- -Passive only comes into play if he attacks second (unless Battle cards are used)
- -Pirate Crew Members are frail & tend to die quickly, making it easier for opponents to earn wins
- -Hyper doesn't summon as many traps as other Trap-placing Hypers
Tequil's hyper is Do Pirates Fly in the Sky?. When the Hyper is used, it causes 2 to 3 Flying Pirate to be placed randomly on the field. Landing on the trap card starts an encounter with the player who stepped on the trap against a Pirate Crew Member, who will attack first. If Tequila lands on his own trap, his hyper will activate, but will have no effect.
- Playing As Tequila
- Since Tequila gains attack in battle for each HP he loses, he tends to fare better on defense than offense.
- As Tequila passive is reliant on losing health to gain additional ATK in battle, cards that aid HP such as and are excellent cards to pack. can also be used as well.
- Using or (at full HP) combos quite well with Tequila's passive. Big Magnum provides him with a +3 ATK stat due to him losing HP in battle, while Final Battle enables his passive to chain, resulting in Tequila becoming stronger with each turn.
- works in perfect synergy with Tequila and is essential. By intentionally evading a hit that he can survive, he will gain a large ATK boost, enabling him to possibly KO the attacker and recover all damage taken in the battle.
- Tequila can get some of the most use out of as it counters his poor REC stat.
- can be used to help soften up would be attackers and make them think twice about attacking the player.
- can be used effectively with Tequila. It can be used for defense against high attack characters while at low health, and great on offense against bosses.
- Playing Against Tequila
- The easiest way to avoid Tequila taking advantage of his passive is to not attack him at all.
- Sherry can be used to avoid Tequila's passive nearly entirely with her passive. In the same vein, Kai's hyper can be used to safely attack him without fear of counterattacking.
- Low attack characters with high EVD stats such as and can whittle down Tequila's health while generally avoiding his counterattacks.
- Cards that deal damage outside of battle, such as , , , and are extra effective against Tequila, as they hinder his ability to counterattack.
- can be used to shut down his hyper, as well as deal damage to him outside of battle and remove his counterattacking potential.
Recommended Cards[edit source]
Counter Cards[edit source]
|Oh, Tequila||Play 10 games as Tequila.|
|A Pirate I Was Meant to Be||As Tequila, have 10 Flying Pirate traps on the field at the same time.|
|Pirate's Booty||As Tequila, have Pirate Crew Members steal over 100 stars from other players.|
- Tequila is the first boss you fight in Flying Red Barrel.
- Tequila appears on the card .
- Tequila's daughter, Mescal, appears on the card .
- Tequila is drawn and voiced by Hono.
- Tequila is the first DLC or bonus character to have their hyper art drawn by someone other than Hono.
- Pirate Crew Members will have the same color and accessories equipped as the Tequila who summoned them.
Update History[edit source]