Campaign (also known as single player) is an offline game mode in 100% Orange Juice! that can be accessed from the main menu. Upon reaching the menu, the player will have two options: play a custom game or play one of the eight campaigns available.
Custom is the only non-story mode available. (Often when players refer to "single player" they mean custom mode unless they explicitly say "campaign"). This option enables the player to play games with their chosen field events and board against CPUs. The player cannot select the opponents they will be facing, however. While essentially the same as online play, the main advantage of this mode is that it enables the player to spend as much time as they want to construct a deck as there is no timer on the deck building screen. The player will also be able to tailor matches to see what strategies and decks work and don't work before entering online play. It should be noted that custom games are not calculated toward daily challenges and thus cannot be used to get Oranges.
Campaigns are pre-set scenarios that make up the story mode of the game. Each of the four starting characters ( , , , and ) have a 6-episode story for the player to complete including an extra level that is unlocked from completing the story. The player can also unlock 2 additional campaigns by purchasing DLC 7 and 13. Each level features an intro cutscene, different board, field events, CPU opponents, and an ending cutscene. The player must complete the game in first using either wins or star norma to progress to the next level. By completing each level, the player will gain stars which can be used to purchase items in the shop, and can also obtain boards for free, and unlock characters from campaign mode for purchase. There also certain cosmetics and achievements that can only be unlocked by completing all of the campaigns. Similar to custom mode, campaign games are not calculated toward daily challenges and thus cannot be used to get Oranges.
Each campaign features 4 different difficulty settings: Casual, Normal, Original and Expert. Each difficulty has it is own system and tweaks the game to make it more challenging. It should be noted, however, that the player's roll is never rigged to be worse and always has the same RNG regardless of the setting. CPU difficulty also cannot be changed in multiplayer or custom mode.
- Casual: The easiest difficulty in the game. Casual mode rigs all CPU characters with below average RNG generation for their rolls. As a result, opponents will often role in the range of 1-3, making the difficulty considerably easier. Casual mode does not unlock campaign achievements, however, it does unlock all maps and unlockable characters that would normally be unlocked during the course of the campaign.
- Normal: Standard difficulty. Normal mode causes RNG to be random and fair; Enemies have no advantage or bonuses. This is the lowest difficulty where the player can unlock campaign achievements. As of Version 1.13, clearing all original campaigns on normal difficulty including the extra levels will unlock a Red Crown cosmetic for all characters, and any campaigns cleared on normal difficulty prior to Version 1.13 will show as being cleared on original difficulty.
- Original: The original game difficulty before difficulties were added to the game. On Original difficulty, RNG is specific to each character in the campaign. Some opponents have worse or better rolls, in order to produce a sense of difficulty progression from easy to hard over the course of each campaign. Like normal difficulty, the player will unlock a Red Crown cosmetic for all characters.
- Extreme The hardest difficulty. This difficulty is for players seeking the ultimate challenge and reward. The opponents' rolls are rigged to be better than fair, giving them a massive upper hand on the player. CPUs will constantly roll 5 and 6s and will often roll the perfect amount to land on panels. As of Version 1.13, clearing all original campaigns on Extreme Difficulty will unlock a Purple Crown for all characters. If the player also completes the Breaker Pack Campaign and the extras on extreme and completes the extra level of the Breaker Pack with , they will unlock the Star dice.
A common question for players when a special event occurs is whether single player will work. The answer to this question is yes in custom, however, there are usually debuffs that apply to single player. As a result, it is generally advised that the player use online mode during events to collect rewards the fastest. These debuffs include:
- Collection. If for example, the event requires the player to collect Candy or chocolate from completing games, the amount given to the player will be much lower in single player than playing online, even if the player wins. Generally, the amount of reward is based on the number of turns the player spends in the game.
- Speed Penalty. The player will receive reward and drop rate penalties if they use the shift or ctrl key to speed up the game in single player. This can mean a reduction in the amount of drop rate increase for an item or a certain number of the collected item being subtracted from the player's supply at the end of the match.
- Campaigns Not Included. Campaigns are completely unaffected by special events. When big events such as Halloween and Christmas, occur, the special gameplay changes and collectibles are not included in any of the campaigns and rewards cannot be unlocked in them. The player must be in an online game or custom mode to receive rewards.
No candy during Halloween in campaign.
A speed penalty during Valentine's Day in custom mode.
- Crossed Christmases Scenario added.
- Campaign menu renamed to Single Player, with Custom being added to the submenu.
- Girl Power Scenario added.
and scenario added.
- Difficulty settings reworked; there are now 4 difficulties: Casual, Normal, Original, and Extreme.
- New difficulty settings (Casual, Normal, and Extreme) for Campaign added.
Campaign Episodes are story based matches in 100% Orange Juice!. After selecting an episode the player can either play with the character to provided or they may change their character to whichever one they would like to use.
The five campaigns included with 100% Orange Juice!. The story follows each character on their quest to get back the item stole from them (with the exception of Suguri). While the story is more or less the same, their are multiple variations between each character's version of the story, and as a result, different dialogue. Each final episode also features it's own unique completion screen. The completion of the final episode in each campaign will unlock a extra campaign episode (and unlock an achievement if the player is on the proper difficulty).
Alongside Version 1.13, the Breaker Pack was released. If it is purchased, two more DLC campaigns are unlocked, based off of the two characters in the pack, and . These campaigns follow to separate stories: Sweet Breaker's quest to end war and Tomomo's quest to end Star Breaker's obsession with burning things. Completing these campaigns will unlock another extra campaign, Chaos of the Sweet Gods.
Alongside the Version 1.20 update, the Witch Pack was released. When purchased, it gives access to the Girl Power campaign featuring and . It is the longest campaign in the game and the only one to not feature an extra episode. The story follows Miusaki and Ceoreparque as they play a board game to raise their Girl Power (GP).
Alongside the Version 1.30 update, the Toy Store Pack was made available. If it is purchased, it gives access to the Crossed Christmases campaign featuring and . This campaign follows the story of Arthur and Nico doing favors for to help her get ready for Christmas. It is a prelude to the story featured in the Santa Scramble event.
At the end of 2017, Scramble!! for an Xmas Miracle! introduced the new concept of an event campaign. This campaign could only be unlocked during the event, but could then be played at any time thereafter. It was placed with the other extra campaigns.
Similar to steam achievements, completing the campaign on different difficulty settings can unlock rewards the player would have no other way to receive. All campaign cosmetics are only unlockable through the completion of the campaigns. They cannot be found in the mystery bag and can only be unlocked through specific method listed below. If successfully unlocked, the cosmetic will unlock on the campaign selection screen after the match. In the case of the crowns, if the player completes the campaigns on extreme the first time, they will receive both the red and purple crown at the same time.