Overview[edit | edit source]
A quiet day at the beach is interrupted when a monster seagull starts his rampage through the shoreline! Will, , & be able to stop Big the Jonathan before he can eat all the fish in the sea?!
- The goal of the event is to defeat rerun in 2019. , an extremely powerful seagull on the panels. All four players must work as a co-op team with multiple new rules and Hypers in order to either deplete Big the Jonathan's health to 0 or last 50 chapters without all players being KO'd. If all players are KO'd at one given time, the players lose the game. A global counter will decrease based upon the damage dealt to Big the Jonathan during the match. This event had a
Rule Changes[edit | edit source]
The Beach Party event is the first ever event to feature co-op. Each player will work together as a single team to defeat the boss on the map. Players will not be racing for Norma against each other but will instead reach maximum Norma at level 5. The player will then need to defeat Big the Jonathan to win the game or lose if all players are KO'd at the same time. As the event relies on cooperation, it is quite difficult to complete the event alone, with a CPU player. The complete list of changes are as followed:
- All stars, wins, normas, and panels are shared.
- Both Norma checks (Wins & Stars) are always enabled for all characters.
- The player cannot adjust the field events.
- The player will choose a role before the start of a match.
- New Recovery stats are calculated by the formula: Recovery = (base recovery + attack - evade).
It should also be noted that if the recovery value is greater than 6, it will count as a 6. (If the player has an 8. They will have to roll a 6 on one of the first 3 recovery rolls to recover)
- Chapter 30 will remove all panels and leave them as panels.
- Chapter 40 will replace all panels besides and with panels.
- Wins Requirement is doubled and Stars requirement is multiplied by 1.5
Roles a unique way to play in co-op, with each character being designated to a role and rank. The roles are Attackers, Guardians, Supporters, and Avengers each of which features their own special abilities. Each character will receive a rank of A-E and a prebuilt deck to accompany their role. Decks vary based on the character's rank. Generally, the stronger the character's stats, the weaker the cards provided.
- Part of passive is no longer active. He now recovers with full HP when he recovers and has a recovery stat of 3 instead of instant. Health regeneration works as normal, and Shifu will still start with 1 HP.
- passive is no longer active in co-op meaning he can counter-attack.
- passive is no longer active in co-op meaning she can use stars norma.
- and only lose 1/8 of their stars instead of 1/4 when KO'd.
- passive is still active even if the player chooses the Attacker role, meaning she will still attack second.
- versions of the event.) passive is still active. (It was re-added as an unlisted fix in one of the subsequent
- passive and the Avenger role's +1 ATK per damage taken effect do not stack, meaning the player will only receive +1 per HP lost, not +2.
Along with their new deck, player's will also have their normal Hyper card replaced with a unique event only Hyper specific to their role choice. The Hypers are specifically designed to boost the passive abilities of the role and aid the player in defeating Big the Jonathan before chapter 50 after the completion of Norma 5. The Hypers can also be transferred between players with. If this action is taken, the Hypers will remain as the cards they were when they were originally drawn. As a result, an Attacker can end up with a Supporter's Hyper.
is a special boss on the board, during the event, who will appear anytime the player lands on a panel. Big has 0 DEF and -4 EVD and his HP starts at 60 by default, however it is modifed by the player's role decision: +5 for each Attacker, -5 for each Guardian, +10 for each Avenger (max 100 HP, min 40 HP). He also starts with a +1 ATK stat that will increase by +1 every ten turns, meaning he can reach a maximum of +5 ATK by Chapter 40. Unlike other bosses, Big also attacks first, unless battling against an Attacker. The player must defeat Big before chapter 50 or survive until chapter 50, otherwise Big will be the victor.
The greatest strength of Big is his secondary abilities. Big can manipulate the game with field events and card effects to greatly harm the players.
- Terror from Above: Every 2 chapters, random panels will turn into panels. On chapter 30, all panels will turn into panels. On chapter 40, all panels but and panels will change into boss panels.
- Field events: Big can use field events and certain card effects to harm the player. Big begins the game with two field events (which occur every 3 chapters) alongside Terror from Above. On chapter 10 and 20, he will replace one of his field events for one of the stronger ones. On chapter 30, he will start using these events every 2 chapters instead of every 3. If the player has not finished off Big by chapter 50, he will end the game with a to battle every player in succession.
|Early Game||Late Game||Chapter 50|
Big the Jonathan also brings some special seagull NPCs with him. While there are normal seagulls present onpanels, the player might also encounter costumed seagulls with different stats. The seagulls are worth 2 wins instead of one.
|+2 ATK, -1 DEF, -1 EVD|
|+1 ATK, -1 DEF, +2 EVD|
|+1 ATK, +2 DEF, -1 EVD|
Event Rewards[edit | edit source]
|Name||Cost/How to Unlock|
|Sunglasses||Drop on Co-Op victory for characters from DLC 15 and beyond.|
|Beach Accessory||Seagull Tomato & Mimyuu ONLY
|Name||Cost/How to Unlock|
|Beach Accessory||Random Drop in Co-Op. 3 to unlock.|
|Beach Ball dice||Random Drop in Co-Op.|
|Parasol marker||Random Drop in Co-Op.|
This event features a global counter on the main menu of the game. As Big the Jonathan takes damage in online games, his global health decreases. Starting at 3 million HP, once a certain amount of damage is dealt, new items were unlocked for all players.
|Name||Cost/How to Unlock|
|Sunglasses||Drop on Co-Op victory.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When the countdown was completed on August 6th, the cutscene text did not appear, and a glitch in the swimsuits enabled player models to become invisible. Both issues were later resolved in patches.
- At the time of the countdown's completion, players set a new player count record with 1105 concurrent players online at once.
- The event was originally supposed to only have swimsuits for  and , but after thinking about the story Hono decided it would be better if received one as well.
- The original Big the Jonathan from this event doesn't possess an in-game unit card.
List of Summer Events[edit | edit source]