- Assume Good faith
Assuming good faith is an assumption that editors' edits and comments are made in good faith (innocent until proven guilty so to speak). Most people try to help the project, not hurt it. This guideline does not require that editors continue to assume good faith in the presence of obvious evidence to the contrary (vandalism). Assuming good faith does not prohibit discussion and criticism. Rather, editors should not attribute the actions being criticized to malice unless there is specific evidence of malice.
With this in mind, it is important to be patient with newcomers, who will be unfamiliar with the wiki's culture and rules but may nonetheless turn out to be valuable contributors. A newcomer's behavior probably seems appropriate to him/her, and a problem in that regard usually indicates unawareness or misunderstanding of 100% OJ Wiki culture. It is not uncommon for a newcomer to believe that an unfamiliar practice should be changed to match their notion of how things should function, especially if they notice that there is already some level of disagreement over the practice in question. Similarly, many newcomers want to have their contributions to articles accepted without question, especially those which pertain to subjects on which they have extensive knowledge. Behaviors arising from these perspectives, while possibly misguided, are usually not malicious and should not be treated as such. Many new users who lack an intuitive grasp of our customs are gradually brought around, once the logic behind these customs are made aware to them.
- User Behavior
Users are not only expected but required to act in a civilized manner while on the OJ Wiki. The wiki works by cooperation, consensus, and therefore mutual respect, civility, and a love of the game should be practiced universally. Actions such as the following will not be tolerated in any capacity:
- Rudeness towards other users will result in a warning, and persistence will have to be met with punishment.
- Do not have an obscene avatar, profile, or other personal page.
- Any form of impolite behavior like threatening another user's safety, slurs, profanity, and derogatory terms will not be tolerated in any form whatsoever.
- Harassing members of the wiki is never permitted.
- Using the service provided by wiki in any unlawful manner or in any other manner which could damage, impair, or overburden the site is absolutely prohibited.
- Do not, upload, transmit, share, or store content which is unlawful, defamatory, infringing, obscene, or invasive of another's right to privacy or publicity.
- Do not impersonate another entity or person.
- Never post, upload, transmit, share, or store unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, "spam", or any other type of unauthorized solicitation.
- Never solicit personal information from any user under the age of 18 or other information for unlawful purposes.
Vandalism of any kind will not be tolerated in any form and will always result in a block of varying severity depending on how major an admin judges the act to have been. Please see the Block Policy for more information.